Sprue Brothers listed the Dragon 1/144 TR-1A kit as a new arrival yesterday on their website (sold out today).  Did Dragon re-release this one?  If so, is the SR-71 kit possibly next?  Or the B-1?

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Aeronca1121 said:

I tried to build the Dragon 1/144 B-1 and the shape seemed way off. Just me? I threw it in the garbage.

Nope, it’s not just you- I received the Dragon “B-1 test program” (ex-Panda mold?)  kit through a raffle at a model contest last weekend.  The forward fuselage shape is weird.  I’ll probably list mine on eBay.  

Edited by Falconxlvi

Nice work!

I did their U-2 when it came out--was too impatient to wait for this variant. Did you need to tweak the aft main gear to get the aircraft to sit right? Alternately, it may have been my, uh, special building skills...

On 15/03/2018 at 3:57 AM, 757flyer said:

Sprue Brothers listed the Dragon 1/144 TR-1A kit as a new arrival yesterday on their website (sold out today).  Did Dragon re-release this one?  If so, is the SR-71 kit possibly next?  Or the B-1?

The SR-71 was released 4 or 5 years ago.

Chine is completely undersized.

Other than that it is very tidy just looks very undersized from above with the chine almost a scale 3 feet not wide enough.

40 minutes ago, dehowie said:

The SR-71 was released 4 or 5 years ago.

Chine is completely undersized.

Other than that it is very tidy just looks very undersized from above with the chine almost a scale 3 feet not wide enough.

WHOA!

On 08/04/2018 at 11:12 AM, Aeronca1121 said:

WHOA!

Exactly my reaction when i was checking it...mind you the Hasegawa kit is the same in 72nd almost a meter to narrow and Mongram completely destroyed the chine being way to flat but the correct width.

Here we are in 2018 and the Blackbird has only been done decently by one company...Italeri..

1 hour ago, dehowie said:

Exactly my reaction when i was checking it...mind you the Hasegawa kit is the same in 72nd almost a meter to narrow and Mongram completely destroyed the chine being way to flat but the correct width.

Here we are in 2018 and the Blackbird has only been done decently by one company...Italeri..

I have always been puzzled  by the lack of newer SR/YF  kits given the huge fan base that they have. Any 15 year old that might not know much about aviation can point to a 71 and tell you what it is! I would like some recessed panel lined 1/48 kits to chew on, being the ones we have available are going on 40 years old.