HI all,

A quick out of the box build for me, apart from the aftermarket decals from Bingo Decals.

The Kinetic kit is a average kit, I did look online for a few builds and sought solace in others experiences. The kit is well detailed with great panel lines etc, the choice of the older four bladed props or the new swept eight blades adds a different slant. The whole kit demands presence in either the folded or spread wings layout, I chose folded if only for the storage, the reality is being an ex-navy engineer, I have a calling to naval, carrier based aviation, UK and US.

One thing to note though, and I took advice from one build online, I added a large amount of weight to the nose area, it wasn't enough though so I displayed the model with tail supports.

The kit decals didn't do the subject justice so to Bingo decals I went, the Screwtops CAG aircraft looked cool so that was the one for me. With the aircraft built and finished in Mr Color, US Navy grey, it was on with the decals, the large/ extra large screw on the radome was a real worry, but it went on with no problems, settling down with Micro Sol. The rest of the decals posed no problems apart from the nose where the contour of the nose in front of the cockpit did seem to stop the decals following the contours, however after a good bit of soaking and gentle brushing, the decals conformed and in the morning looked just fine.

A quick panel wash and on with the wings, props and radome then she was ready to sit with my other US Navy aircraft.

IMG_2927

IMG_2931

IMG_2926

IMG_2930

IMG_2928

FLY NAVY..

Edited by Wafu

Thanks guys, much appreciated. 

Did look at putting the wires on the kit but can never get them to look taught enough, so my thinking is leave them off rather than they look like washing lines😂