Bell UH-1M Huey Gunship El Salvador Air Force 1/35 FINISHED

Hello guys,

This is my current project, the Academy MRC UH-1C converted to a Salvadorean UH-1M with the toilet bowl as seen in action during the 1980s-90s war in El Salvador.

First of all i want to thank  Ray(Rotorwash), he provided me the kit for free,(thank you my friend)

I am using a lot of aftermarket sets such as the Eduard Big Ed, Fireball Modelworks M158 rocket pods, brass GAU-2 minigun barrells, and a couple of scratch pieces.

Heres some in progress pics of the cockpit, and some already painted bits. Hope you all enjoy!

Rod.

144coEl.jpg

t03Ma0s.jpg

0FWzyJG.jpg

FUvscAJ.jpg

Edited by salvador001
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Ive made some progress in the last days, so the model has some CARC on it and im starting weathering, this is how its going. I hope to finish this one by next month.

Hope you all enjoy and feel free if you have any questions.

Rod.

Ev5kB5b.jpg

A4Z73Nr.jpg

EpS7I6W.jpg

4ZaMSxd.jpg

9c72COT.png

GoknENy.png

hjaCfHj.png

S2qPRjV.png

9tfoNm2.png

Edited by salvador001
On 5/14/2018 at 12:22 PM, salvador001 said:

Hello everyone,

Ive made some progress in the last days, so the model has some CARC on it and im starting weathering, this is how its going. I hope to finish this one by next month.

Hope you all enjoy and feel free if you have any questions.

Rod.

Hi Rod,

Could I trouble you for close up pics of the strela mod panels on both sides of the engine? Trying to scratch build it but have no ref pics of how it looks like close up so can't do the mounts etc...

TIA

Andy

On 5/18/2018 at 7:04 AM, 11bee said:

Looking great Rod.  Where did you get the placard for the cabin?   It's nice to see a Mike-model in CARC.   Didn't some of these carry 500 lb bombs?

Thanks John. Yes, some were armed with MK-82s, but the one i am building will be with the M158 seven shot pod.

Rod.

22 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Andy, 

Heres some closeup pics of the ASE (strela mod) in the UH-1M, took this pics a couple of years ago. 

Hope you like them.

Rod.

23DKoM1.jpg

PjfHGn5.jpg

Thks so much Rod!