Bell UH-1M Huey Gunship El Salvador Air Force 1/35 FINISHED

Absolutely fantastic Rod!  Those rocket tubes look like they have just fired a salvo!  If you get a moment, please explain your process for that.  I would like to learn that technique for when it is time to do my C/M model.

Love this kit ( I have 12 in all boxings) but love what you did with it more. Right up there with Mustang-6. The floor mic switches, the drain gang, loaded flex chutes, all electrical wiring for the M134s, rooftop lights, ground points, VHF antennae on the roof, custom bulkhead, and so much more. Just a superb build!

Edited by snake36bravo
On 5/30/2018 at 3:08 PM, JesusNut said:

Absolutely fantastic Rod!  Those rocket tubes look like they have just fired a salvo!  If you get a moment, please explain your process for that.  I would like to learn that technique for when it is time to do my C/M model.

Hello Tom, im glad you like it. The  rocket tubes are painted model master brass, the burnt effect is made with tamiya smoke,  all added by airbrush.

Rod.

Thank you all!

Well, i knew there was something missing, so here it is, the Reedoak SPH-4 post vietnam pilot helmets. I modify them and scrathbuild the AN AVS-9 NVGs. This were used by Salvadorean pilots during the early 90s.

Hope you all enjoy.

Rod.

XbHh3L4.png

ZakfQXq.png

qwDjAgl.png

flwR2aL.png

oPKWe7M.png

Ybi9o1B.png

d2AhPxY.png

• 1 year later...

Hello, Rod

Now that I will start armed with my version of UH-1M, but I am interested in the helo marked with the number 231 that I see that the El Salvador roundels use

I remembered your excellent work last year and found your post ....
More lively I am in building, but I have doubts, I would like to know your opinion, is the Photograph correct or later to its operational life was the roundels added?
Is the photo color correct?  

Saludos desde Mexico Amigo!

71991_1551618618-z.jpg

Edited by Ernest