ARC Discussion Forums
HomeBe

1:48 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E" by ICM - 3D renders+box art - release April 2018

Did the PD version carry the external fuel tank? I have never seen any pics of a fighter  version with that large thing under the belly.

The reccons were the primary users for the large tank. The new built PD's had the capability, the early P and PDS converted form P's did not.

The worst part of the kit is the big tank, one either makes a new one or forgets it. 

Best regards

Gabor

are there any online builds of this kit? I have seen a few of the rbt but not the PD version

Where is the missing long oval bulge from base of the left vertical tail on the real thing? I can't, for example, see it on this photo:

mig25pd.jpg

It does look to me that ICM over-emphasised the size of the bulge in the fuselage at the base of the centre of the vertical tail, just aft of the wing.

Thanks

Jon

So what is the verdict on this kit? Should one wait and see what AMK does or is this ICM's kit a good kit of the Mig-25PD?

Thanks

Brad

Good kit. The ICM Foxbats are sort of flat-pack hung on bulkheads. I would like some replacement brass MLG legs from Aerocraft, the UK's answer to G-Factor, and a whole radome would have been nice (cf the radome halves moulded with the front fuselage halves, as in the kit), but otherwise top marks.

It doesn't appear likely AMK will make a Foxbat now, or within my lifetime at any rate. Recommend all the 1/48 ICM Foxbats. Just wondering who will be first with the two-seat trainer.

Tony 

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The bulge is at the front of the left fin. Both on the outside and on inside.

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks...but I still can't see it. Do you have a pic that shows the bulge? I intend to build this kit next year, so I'm gearing up on some references.

Jon

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before. but can a Mig-25P be built from the PD kit?

TIA

Brad

Short answer is no.  The PD and PDS had a plug added to fit the new radar system, so they're slightly longer, and the panel line details are completely different.  Basically, the PD nose parts that are included in the kit would have to be totally overhauled/replaced to do a P.  It wouldn't be hard for ICM to do it - just add a sprue with the new nose parts, like the RBT - but it isn't possible out of the box with the PD kit.  This pic that was posted on ARC previously does a decent job comparing the two: https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/p and pd noses.gif

That said, it's plastic, so anything is *possible*, but it would take some modelling skill.

And I have no idea whether ICM will release the kit as a P.  The type was relatively short-lived so the only real reason to build one is to model Belenko's plane, but he is a VERY unpopular figure in Russia and the former Soviet countries so there would be zero interest in the subject for many modellers (as opposed to the West, where Belenko's jet is the main subject they'd want to build).  I don't know where ICM's politics lie - if they're staunchly Ukrainian, they might do it as an F.U. to Russia; if they're old-school or concerned about the Russian market, probably not.  Of course, with Revell Germany and Hasegawa re-boxing their kits, it's possible they'd fund a P-nose for their own releases.  Basically, it's just a matter of wait and see.  If ICM don't do it, I'm sure some resin manufacturer will.