Academy 1/35th scale OH-58D

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeEpyxZ. I picked this kit up some time ago from a Flea Market close to my house. Still had the plastic wrap on it. Only $15.00. I’m somewhat leary of getting kits from Flea Markets. It’s more or less a gamble of what you might find inside the box once you open it. This time, the gamble paid off. Everything in the box was in fantastic condition, considering how much dust was on the box when I picked it up.

The build itself went great. No fit issues. Decals were great. I used Rest-oleum  camouflage specialty paint for the body, and Testors Model Master Enamels for everything else. After I sealed the paint with Testors Dull Coat, I did a pin wash with artist oils thinned with mineral spirits. Two areas of this build that I would change if I could, would be the cockpit color, and main rotor mast assembly. With out checking  reference photos of the cockpit, I used Flat Gull Gray instead of flat black. On the main rotor mast assembly, the rod connectors that go from the Swashplate to the rotor head should have been glued at an angle.

All in all, a fun build.