Wheel well color F-5F VMFT-401??

You can see my build in the in-progress section. As a naval aviator I’m used to white landing gear and wheel wells. Instruction call for aluminum gear legs and wheel bays. Just trying to confirm. 

Thanks

Collin

2 hours ago, Collin said:

Collin,

Just about all of the VFC-13 and VFC-111 jets that I've photographed have white gear legs and wheel hubs with aluminum wheel and speed brake wells. The inside of the gear and speed brake doors are aluminum too, except for the nose gear door, which is white. You can see it in the pics of that Snipers F that you posted. HTH, Fred K.

By chance, I happened to photograph a VMFT-401 F-5 back in 2007. In this case it was aluminum gear and wells, though the mainwheel hubs were white. No idea about the nosegear, here are the 3 photos I got, and I do recall looking into the wheel wells to see aluminum wells.

1lTefvz.jpg

I6ypohf.jpg

iFPqSBk.jpg

8 hours ago, Collin said:

I'm slapping the table and going with what f5guy says above.

Thanks a ton. 

Collin

There certainly does seem to be some variation between the aluminum and white, although the combo that I mentioned in my first post seems to be the most common. However, Andrew's pic shows otherwise. Attached is a pic of a Sundowners jet that I shot back in September of last year. HTH, Fred K

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1dsc_3866.jpg