Su-27UB - New kit from Zvezda - 1/72 scale

Nice!

Wonder if there's any chance you can kitbash together an offset-IRST Su-30 and a centered-IRST Su-27 if you chop off the forward part of the fuselage insert (from the back edge of the windscreen and straight down for example), or do we just wait another few years and let Zvezda come out with them on their own? :)

Nice to see 3D renders. Su-30SM should be next!!! Totally neglected version!! India, Algeria, Malaysia, Kazakhstan, Russia AF and VMF... there is so many nice choices... But firstly glad to see good UB :-)

On scalemodels.ru pointed some oddly designed antennas, even RWR on intake looks weird?

yes it's good news from ZVEZDA. We hope to see quickly " from ZVEZDA -> In first : SU-37 T-10M-11(1/72), then  SU-35UB , SU-30SM and SU-35s

But ; I think Trumpeter will do SU-35s and MIG-35 in 1/72 (Hope to see that in 2019 catalog) :)     

there is also one more thing I would like to see and it's the Mig-29M or 156 blue I don't know if that was the 9.15 or something along those lines.Wondering if a conversion is possible using Zvezda 9-13

Luigi

• 7 months later...

Photos out of the sprues. There is a "little" inovation here. Look at the way the canopy is molded. 

It is a solution to the age old "Omega" shape problem!  :worthy:  :yahoo:

Hope they did not use this time the "soft" clear plastic resulting in so many rejects.

eAY4V54.jpg

Now please retro make it for single seat version also!

But also see that the canopy frame is separate.  :hmmm:  Which is also a solution but also could be a problem with the glued surface which will be visible. Using white glue could be an alternative to make it invisible. But will have to see it when the plastic is available.

VKmqTJy.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Yes, this is a good point, but the recent way of packaging by Zvezda was to have a colourful catchy soft outer "sleeve" box and inside that you find a brown cardboard box which provides more protection than any average kit box available from other manufacturers. Dont know about this Su-27UB kit but aased on past kits I imagine this will be the same here too.

Best regards

Gabor

On 11/1/2018 at 10:33 AM, ya-gabor said:

But also see that the canopy frame is separate.  :hmmm:  Which is also a solution but also could be a problem with the glued surface which will be visible.

With this feature, this kit is not so suitable for a beginners... With regards to this mounding solution, I’m always wondering why not to do some slides or a small locating pins to make the connections glue-less?

Cheers! 😎