GWH Mig-29 "luftwaffe farewell USA 2003" 1/48

Hi folks! adter finishing the long Su-30 build I wanted to build something "easy" without that much work to get it to look nice, so I decided to build the GWH Mig-29 for a friend who was asking me to build it after some time! so I thought it was going to be a pretty straight forward build, and so far I'm happy with the decission cause this is a great kit! is not a shake'n'bake kit but is really close to that! it has some really nice details and fitting is really good in most places but let's get to the pics so you can take a look at it. I'm not gonna make a review of the kit cause there are some really good ones around.

First of all, the box pic! it shows the bird my friend chose, I'm not particularly crazy about the scheme but he likes it so it will be done that way!

IMG_1543.jpg

After that I worked the cockpit, you can see some really nice details and for the front IP there are a lot of decals for dials and stuff, patience is required as there are really a lot! like 20 or something really tiny dials

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

Thnx guys! the model really helps to be built nice with only a bit of effort! the decals however are, in my opinion, rather on the thick side but you can work with, I'm a bit affraid of the big ones tho! we'll see once we get there

A bit of progress

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Just added a couple of cables to make it look a little bit busy.

Closing the fuselage halves was pretty straigth forward and as far as I can see only a tiny bit of filler is gonna be needed

Edited by kike

More work on landing gear, some plumbing to make it look better

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

Since I don't like to work on them, I did the pylons and missiles cause usually at the end I have no more will to dedicate, so I try from the begining and see if it's better

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

And some paint and wash to the gear bays

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

There you go! so far this is one of the best models I've ever built, really good quality

1 hour ago, Falconxlvi said:

I like the missiles- well done 👍🏻

Steve

Thnx Steve! they are really nice OOB! I insist, GWH has done a really nice job on this kit!

Very neat job with the cockpit! The relay box behind the headrest and the instrument panels look great. Is it your camera or the lighting, but in my eyes the cockpit colour seems just a tad too blue. Just a minor thing though.

22 hours ago, janman said:

Very neat job with the cockpit! The relay box behind the headrest and the instrument panels look great. Is it your camera or the lighting, but in my eyes the cockpit colour seems just a tad too blue. Just a minor thing though.

Could be a mixture of all of the above! in real life is not that blue-ish