Trumpeter P-38 Lightning 1/32 Virginia Marie

The Trumpeter kit had a LOT of rivets, most were filled, though some around the gun bay doors and engines seemed to stand out on any pic i've seen of a P-38. Decals were Bombshell, worked exceptionally well. i use MiG Ammo FS15102 Dark Grey Blue A.MiG-229 for the blue, NMF was Tamiya AS-12 spraybomb and Vallejo Metal Color. Nose gear strut is SAC gear, longer than the kit part, gives a nose up stance. Props are from the Revell P-38 kit. I was going to weather it heavily, in the end i've kept it relatively clean. Few more pics.

889JPf.jpg

cGXYWQ.jpg

w3FRqL.jpg

tAWpjv.jpg

mGAv87.jpg

6jgb0N.jpg

Don

Edited by dmthamade
On 4/1/2018 at 10:34 PM, AlienFrogModeller said:

Wowsers! Love the staining underneath! Well done sire.

I did the staining with Tamiya black panel line accent and a can of compressed air.

3 hours ago, Swashplate said:

Amazing detail.  Museum quality model for sure!

It really stands out in the display case. Unique shape, twin engines/tails, blue color...

Don

12 hours ago, dmthamade said:

Hello Joel!! How've  you been? Miss you at LSP.

Don

Don,

Fine. Hope all is well with you. 

I came back here as well as Aeroscale (where my return to modeling years ago 1st started) because 1/48 scale is by far my favorite scale.  I do stop by and checkout the builds a few times per month, but never post as I don't think it would be proper to do so. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W