Has anyone been able to find the new mold Revell P-51D online in the states?  I have been to 4 hobby shops in my area, and have searched the big names online, and all report out of stock.  Even Stevens International lists it as out of stock.

Does anyone have any insight, as to the cause?

27 minutes ago, ytsejam87 said:

Has anyone been able to find the new mold Revell P-51D online in the states?  I have been to 4 hobby shops in my area, and have searched the big names online, and all report out of stock.  Even Stevens International lists it as out of stock.

Does anyone have any insight, as to the cause?

Nope. And I have yet to see the 1/48 Tornado F.3 either. They will be releasing a 1/32 F/A 18E Super Hornet soon as well. That will be a new tool kit, reasonably priced and have pretty good demand. I just hope it gets here "quick".

I pre-ordered my P-51 via Tower Hobbies and just got delivery. In the USA, there is very little availability of this model and if you want it you may have to go the pre-order route. Overseas, there appears to be adequate stock but not in the USA. Unfortunately, the overseas route is more than 2X more expensive. I got two of them from Tower for $48.89 including shipping (use their sale codes). 

I got my P51 about a month ago, and have another on order. On the otherhand the new FW190a8 just showed up. It appears that both kits are flying off the shelves as quick as they land there. I ordered in two more FW's as I liked what I saw. Have one ME262 kit, and don't see me getting another till the 262a1 kits come out. The one kit I can't find from Revell is the He162 in 1/32 scale

gary

19 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Nope. And I have yet to see the 1/48 Tornado F.3 either. They will be releasing a 1/32 F/A 18E Super Hornet soon as well. That will be a new tool kit, reasonably priced and have pretty good demand. I just hope it gets here "quick".

saw it yesterday while buying paint. Was sitting right next to the new ME262 and the big He219

gary

10 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Thanks for that. A bit far for me to drive.

what are you looking for? Now upfront, I may pick the Tornado tomorrow. I'll tell you upfront as well, I bought the last FW190a8 and the last Mustang. Yet my dealer told me Monday that they got word about a new shipment of Mustangs. Told him I'm good for a couple.

What bothers about this Revell issue is that our only source for a B17, B24, B26, and an A26 in 1/48th might be gone forever! How many of us can afford a two hundred dollar Tamigawa B17? I know I can't!

gary

10 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

What bothers about this Revell issue is that our only source for a B17, B24, B26, and an A26 in 1/48th might be gone forever! How many of us can afford a two hundred dollar Tamigawa B17? I know I can't!

gary

Except that their are probably 10's of thousands of those kits in peoples stashes that will never get built. A guy in my club has been bringing a few B-26's to to our last few meetings and can't give them away 

This is sad news and not very good for the budget modelers in the community. I'll miss Revell's 1/32 aircraft line. Great kits, very affordable, and subjects that I like. Fortunately I have amassed multiple copies of the ones that I really like (109's, Spits, 190's and even some of the older Corsair and P51B's) and singles of the bigger kits (He.219, Ju.88, He.111, Tornado, Hunter, F-4E, F-4G,  etc). I may seek out a few more before the prices start to skyrocket.

12 hours ago, a4s4eva said:

Except that their are probably 10's of thousands of those kits in peoples stashes that will never get built. A guy in my club has been bringing a few B-26's to to our last few meetings and can't give them away 

well Revell reissued the A26 awhile back, and my dealer can't keep them in stock. He first brought in a couple and it seems somebody is always buying one. I would have preferred one in 1/72 scale of that quality. Maybe Airfix will do one.

gary

4 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

well Revell reissued the A26 awhile back, and my dealer can't keep them in stock. He first brought in a couple and it seems somebody is always buying one. I would have preferred one in 1/72 scale of that quality. Maybe Airfix will do one.

gary

I'd love modern tools of both the B 26 and A 26 in 1/48. I can't be bothered with the old Revell kits..At this stage I'm considering the 1/72 Hasegawa kit foe the B26

I hope someone is able to pick up the tooling from Revell so we are able to still buy their kits. It would be a shame to say the least to have their molds, especially their newer stuff, lost and forgotten. My opinion only of course, but the hobby needs a budget company like Revell to produced good kits at affordable prices for younger modelers or us old hats on a budget. I grabbed their 1/32 Me262 yesterday for $35 shipped! If you haven't seen the kit feast your eyes:

We would be hard pressed to get a kit in this scale of this quality for under $40 from the other manufacturers.

EDIT: Holy cow! I bought the Me262 off of Amazon yesterday and there were 10 in stock. I just checked the status of my order and its shipped already (yippee!) but there are now only 3 left in stock as of this edit! Its been a little over 12 hours since I placed my order! Seems the word is out and folks are buying up the Revell kits they want before they're gone. Get them while the getting is good fellas.

Edited by Don
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Sprue Bros has the Tornado F.3 in stock for a paltry $27. Very good price. I see their price for the P-51 is under $30 also....once they get them

bought two P51's about an hour ago at Spru Brothers. By the way I ended up paying $60 with shipping. I might buy the 1/48th Tornado, as my dealer has it for $27.98. The 1/32 kit is probably going to be pretty big.

gary