My Dragon Saturn V build.

12 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Hi hooter, habu. I am familiar with the David Weeks drawings, and have small samples of them that were transfered for use with the decal set I bought for this kit, but I'm trying to keep the cost down and at least at this point can't justify the $60 price tag. If I start doing much more Saturn V projects I may break down and buy and set but right now just relying on googlefy images and whatever information and photos I've taken and/or collected over the years. I know it will lead to some inaccuracies but it is close enough at least for this build. Thanks and keep the suggestions coming!

Bill

No problem , Bill. I'm following your build with interest.  :thumbsup2:

Got a little more done. I was never really happy with the kit's ullage rockets so I cut the top off and added some styrene bits to show them closer to correct, with the covers on and a separate nozzle. Here is a comparison and then the finished mounted. Not perfect but better.

5ac396a911037_ullageoldnew.thumb.jpg.c47a34a01e488592c66b11bc63506549.jpg

Edited by niart17
  • 2 weeks later...

Just about finished up as much as I'm going to do on the LM and adaptor area. I need to dress up the panel edges a bit and put the other small details but those will likely wait til last so they don't get knocked off. Seems like I read that the plume deflectors for the RCS nozzles are put on much later, possibly on the launch pad? Either way, I think I'm going to leave them off for a better view. If this is totally wrong someone let me know please.

Here is where it all stands now. Not to level of Pete's but decent enough attempt for me.

Please excuse the poor color in the shot, the mixture of lighting really confused the heck out of my phone camera,

IMAG2045 cropped.jpg

Edited by niart17
1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Seems like I read that the plume deflectors for the RCS nozzles are put on much later, possibly on the launch pad? 

You're right Bill ... a lot of the little details, like even the Plume Deflector supports, get installed on the launch pad. 

Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Pete