On 3/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, RichardL said:

I think I'm one of the only few who prefers the Hasegawa Phantoms over the ZM versions.  Like Hasegawa rear end much better.  ZM just looks odd to me.

Me too.  Go two closets full of Hasegawa F-4's. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Nobody knows how to take some dissolved putty or primer/filler and go over the wings? It's a lot easier than getting a resin cockpit/gear well to fit.

The challenge is doing so without wiping out the panel detail that should be there. It's not just a rivet-encrusted surface, it's one with very fine panel detail that needs preservation.

It's doable, but a complete PITA for a kit that is otherwise near fall-together. And it's VERY visible on a 104 with light coloured wings (which is the majority)

• 2 weeks later...
On 27 maart 2018 at 4:03 PM, SebastianP said:

... (DACO thinks the kit wings are the wrong size)...

Not only I "think" this, I'm 100% sure the Hasegawa wings are too short in span (and as such also chord) and I even know what went wrong when Hasegawa designed the wings: they used a top view drawing of the Starfighter with the wings in the (correct) angle without using a 'flat' view of the wings… and as such the wings are 2 mm too short and the underwing tank pylon won't fit on its correct place between the flaps (as the chord is too short)...

Danny

DACO Products

3 minutes ago, DACO Products said:

Not only I "think" this, I'm 100% sure the Hasegawa wings are too short in span (and as such also chord) and I even know what went wrong when Hasegawa designed the wings: they used a top view drawing of the Starfighter with the wings in the (correct) angle without using a 'flat' view of the wings… and as such the wings are 2 mm too short and the underwing tank pylon won't fit on its correct place between the flaps (as the chord is too short)...

Danny

DACO Products

Word.

Same problem plagued the horizontal stabs on the 1/32 X-15 kits from Special Hobby. Back in my mechanical drafting days this was called a true view vs a projected view.  I assume the CAD world uses the same lingo.