Quality control issue with Modelcollect B-2

Well, I guess there had to be a fly in the ointment so to speak... The Modelcollect B-2 kits at my local shop are all defective in having clearly visible flow marks through the canopies making them unusable. Has everyone checked theirs yet?? Might be a real good idea and another reason to keep your Testors kit for a useuble canopy to complete the kit! ooff! So much for one stop shopping, eh boys?

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

Edited by Chris the cabbie

Well have you sent them an email????? I pre-ordered mine and about a month ago I got a box in the mail I wsn't expecting!!??!?! So looked at the labels and recognized the name of the e-mailer from MC, opened package and found a B-2 cockpit glass on the sprue!!!

You have just explained why they sent it to me, no info in the box??!!?

7 hours ago, Chris the cabbie said:

Well, I guess there had to be a fly in the ointment so to speak... The Modelcollect B-2 kits at my local shop are all defective in having clearly visible flow marks through the canopies making them unusable. Has everyone checked theirs yet?? Might be a real good idea and another reason to keep your Testors kit for a useuble canopy to complete the kit! ooff! So much for one stop shopping, eh boys?

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

mine too and I dont have an idea how to deal with it.

6 hours ago, Flyboyf18 said:

Well have you sent them an email????? I pre-ordered mine and about a month ago I got a box in the mail I wsn't expecting!!??!?! So looked at the labels and recognized the name of the e-mailer from MC, opened package and found a B-2 cockpit glass on the sprue!!!

Seeing as I bought it from my local shop, no I haven't as I just got home from work. The whole "that explains why.." is due to your previous pre ordering of the kit and MC had your address. I did not pre order from them but will email them later. The biggest issue IMHO, is that the canopy is almost a scale 2ft thick!! I kinda noticed the crude method by Model collect in that ALL PARTS are tooled extra thick across the board(ie landing gear doors and bay sides). Shouldn't be too surprising that the canopy is too damn thick, should it? Even if Modelcollect ships me a new one, I don't care to use it as it's ridiculously too thick to be useable.

If another model company had done this, members on this board would have ripped them a new one, but due to them doing a B-2 they get a pass???? Any other manufacturer would have had a thread blown up with multiple vitriolic posts chock full of indignation in blazing electrons for the world to see. Lol None of this solves the poor canopy, either flawed or replaced and as it will always be too thick at the end of the day.

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

Edited by Chris the cabbie
12 hours ago, Flyboyf18 said:

Me too !  I guess that solves the mystery of the extra canopy's unexpected arrival.........

Great service from the company.

Oh for crying out loud! I got mine from SB a few weeks ago and didn't look real close at the canopy and mine is messed up too. I also have all the photo etch for the kit😩! This sucks! Do you need to contact them to get a new windshield?

Remember that Modelcollect up until now has been primarily involved in armor modelling, they probably don't have much if any actual experience with QC-ing transparencies. Flowmarks and stuff don't matter when the plastic is opaque, so their QC teams aren't used to seeing those as defects that need replacing.

Since they're being really nice and fixing the problems people are having thus far, just be patient with them, and wait and see until the B-52 and B-1 show up to see if they have similar issues. *Then* it might be time to break out the pitchforks. :)