GWH 1/48 scale Lockheed T-33A early ver.

46 minutes ago, Aigore said:

Coming along  nicely :D

Plastic ballast? doesn't sound convincing, really.

Janne, 

Thanks for checking  out my progress. 

I looked and couldn't find the weight, and just figured they no longer put them in the box, then I noticed it on a sprue tree, and thought it was about the dumbest thing I ever saw. It weighs almost nothing, so the balance point much be real close. but like I said, I'm going to be putting enough weight in after testing to be sure. 

Joel

I think that the plastic ballast in the kit might be used as sort of reference.According to its shape and the place it was fitted we could find some available ballasts to do the job.only my guess.

You are productive,sir.

The jet building looks nicely.

12 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Maybe some BBs in some putty for the front area.

AFM,

I've got some pretty small freshwater sinkers about the size of BBs that I'm going to go with. 

Joel

12 hours ago, egg2012 said:

I think that the plastic ballast in the kit might be used as sort of reference.According to its shape and the place it was fitted we could find some available ballasts to do the job.only my guess.

You are productive,sir.

The jet building looks nicely.

egg2012,

At 1st I thought that as well, but there is a square notch in the plastic weight, and a corresponding raised square on top of the wheel well that correctly positions it. The fuselage almost balances now. With the wing section added, it looks like the additional wt. very well may be forward of the balancing point. But I'm still going to go with some 1/8 oz sinkers to be on the safe side.

Joel 

1 hour ago, Joel_W said:

egg2012,

At 1st I thought that as well, but there is a square notch in the plastic weight, and a corresponding raised square on top of the wheel well that correctly positions it. The fuselage almost balances now. With the wing section added, it looks like the additional wt. very well may be forward of the balancing point. But I'm still going to go with some 1/8 oz sinkers to be on the safe side.

Joel 

Joel,

Better safe than sorry.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
25 minutes ago, CaptainObvious said:

That's some pretty good progress Joel.
You're sure building them quick.

Capt. Obvious,

Thanks for stopping by, it's always much appreciated. Honestly, it didn't take much time nor effort to get this far.  Now if it would only stop snowing and start to warm up and play spring, I could actually get out of the house. About 6 inches over night and it was supposed to be a dusting with nothing on the roads. 

Joel

7 hours ago, CaptainObvious said:

6" overnight? Sheesh.
Stay warm my friend.

Capt. Obvious, 

Here and gone. Got to the 40s in the afternoon and by dinner time there was almost no snow on the lawns left. 

Joel

1 hour ago, Drifterdon said:

Following this one!   Love the T-bird and especially The Texans markings.   :cheers:

drifterdon

Glad that you checked in on my T-Bird build. just pull up your Rock'in chair and follow right along.

Joel

12 hours ago, Joel_W said:

egg2012,

Joel 

I use shotgun pellets, I fill the shaped area with them then flood with superglue.

Nice work, I have several of these kits.

18 hours ago, Scooby said:

I use shotgun pellets, I fill the shaped area with them then flood with superglue.

Nice work, I have several of these kits.

Scooby,

Thanks for stopping on by. I fish both salt and fresh, so I have dozens of sinkers of different wts. 

Joel

7 hours ago, kurnass77 said:

A real classic Joel;I like how the pit turned out.

Good work!

Gianni

Gianni,

Thanks my friend for your thumbs up. It's always much appreciated.

Joel

With all this "wonderful" weather we've been having, I've been basically stuck in the house, so after my daily Honey To Do List, I spent a fair amount of time modeling daily.
  1st order of business was to finish sanding the main fuselage seams. The fit was excellent, so only a little re-scribing will be needed. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the fuselage after polishing.

Next sub-assembly was the main wing section, which is a full bottom wing from starboard to port side. The wheel well is a one piece unit that fits perfectly.  I primed the wheel wheels and the top of the flaps with Mig Ammo Black primer, then when dry I air brushed them with Model Master Enamel FS 34151 Interior Green in a random  uneven pattern. I still need to paint the pipes and various lines.

T0JTNS.jpg

Then I glued to top of the wings in place. The fit was absolutely perfect.

upJPLw.jpg

the engine intakes for each side of the fuselage are just two piece each, and once again the fit was dead on perfect.

Omh3sL.jpg

The fit to the fuselage was more then a little tight, and needed some light filing and sanding so the parts just snapped into place without any pressure needed.

0NyKNS.jpg

C95i80.jpg

Odbp1Y.jpg

the came the intake fuselage scoops. the fit is very good, but not quite perfect. I painted the insides my own mix of ADC using Tamiya paints. Not perfect, but as good as I could get it to the 595 Chip FS16473.

C9ZT4k.jpg

LTYrxh.jpg

Now I glued the wing assembly to the fuselage. The fit was excellent, and needing only some minor sanding for a perfect fit.

MRXNMG.jpg

ytQSAn.jpg

DSIC3v.jpg

thanks for taking the time to stop by and check out my progress to date.
Joel

11 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Looking good Joel.

6 hours ago, Aigore said:

Nice, really like how everything just seems to fit :D

Full speed ahead :D

Janne & AFM,

Thanks guys for stopping by and checking out my progress to date. It's always much appreciated.

I gotta say it's a really great kit with excellent fit.  Just could have used a little more cockpit detail

Joel