1/24 Hasegawa Lancia Delta Integrale 8V 1988 1000 Lakes Rally winner

This project has been on my to-do list for years. Once I finally managed to get decals for this particular car the biggest obstacle was solved. The catch here is that no manufacturer provides kit for an 8-valve Integrale and thus decals for this version have been quite rare too. Until recent times, that is. My decals are custom made for the winner car of 1988 1000 Lakes Rally (Rally Finland) which still is not covered by decal manufacturers. 

The lack of decals was the main problem but there are other issues as well if one wants to make 8-valve version out of a kit that represents Integrale 16V. I've made several models of Markku Alen's rally cars but since he had left the Fiat/Lancia team when the 16V was taken in use, some modifications are needed when making his 8V Lancia.

Most of them are rather minor. The biggest difference is the bonnet where a distinctive large bulge for the new valve train must be completely sanded down for the 8V version. After that I scratched three rows of air vents for the bonnet, which arguably was the most tedious job.   

The finished bonnet and part of my references.

pX3Hyfj.jpg

I've been working with this car for some months now. The chassis and the cockpit are now pretty much finished. The seats still need some work.

I've modified the IP according to my references by adding some gauges (one bigger near the middle of the panel and one smaller in front of the co-pilot), scratched mic for the radio and all the pedals for the driver. 

Alot happened behind the drivers too. I changed the position of the fire extinguishers (they got their high sheen chrome from Molotow chrome marker - excellent stuff!) and added some wiring and piping. No spare wheel was provided with the kit although it's very clearly seen behind the seats. I also made a large pouch seen on the rear wall where the pilots keep their jackets during the special stage.

pB3a7Se.jpg

KXN8nVh.jpg

CcOHZPx.jpg