OV-10A Bronco "Black Pony" in 1/72

In my german modelling forum we currently have a "Vietnam Groupbuild". The bronco is my first contribution to this. I used the Academy-kit as base for my build, with Wolfpack-decals for the VAL-4 markings and a Set of Eduard for the interior.

Many of the details are not visible, but I know they are present... ;)

73l5g6o.jpg[/img]

lV9i9DL.jpg

Some maps, printed on paper, added to the busy atmosphere of the Bronco:

qqLRB9w.jpg

The Wolfpack decal-set had some shortcomings. First (which is not their fault!), it is for a later VAL-4-bird, when they were sporting a grey camoflage. Since I wanted to do a green bird, I had to change some items, especially the "114" on the nose, which came in black letters. After searching my stash, I came up with a white "144", which was consequently modified to a suitable "114". The second problem about the decals were their "Black Pony"-crest:

HwtjpAq.jpg

As you can see, the background is yellow, which should be red... Looks like Wolfpack fell for the picture of the Cover of "OV-10 Bronco in action" by squadron/signal publications.

91J3KnHx1dL.jpg

Well, I simply over-painted the yellow with a red pencil and got this result:

RcwWE65.jpg

Finally I added the fangs to this particular Pony:

I1d6jk5.jpg

These are twin-launchers for ZUNIs from Academys F-8 Crusader, then a kitbash of the original quadruple-launchers that came with this kit, but with ZUNI-warheads of Fujimis A-4 Skyhawk and SUU-11/A minigun-pods of the Special Hobby AH-1G.

WLkr6xi.jpg

And the pictures of the finished aircraft:

pYWfHZd.jpg

Jgd585a.jpg

Qdo7R8m.jpg

IaTtQbC.jpg

H9gERty.jpg

I8kjKx7.jpg

b1pCgPH.jpg

HAJO

Edited by Hajo L.