Hey, guys!

I present to you my model of Soviet fighter WWII Yakovlev Yak-7B, scale 1/72 , from the kit of the Russian company "Eastern Express". This is a simple and cheap total war plane. The model represents the aircraft of the famous Russian pilot Hero of the Soviet Union major P.A. Pokryshev. This pilot in the 29th guards fighter regiment defended Leningrad from the Nazis during the most difficult time of the blockade. Soviet people starved to death, but did not give up. This aircraft was shown to the people in 1944, when the Museum of defense of Leningrad. The plane got there after it was removed from service. Likely his globally repaired. The aircraft has signs of both early and late modifications of the Yak-7. I have great respect for that pilot and wanted this model to my collection, but colored correctly model this aircraft, I have not seen. The model is going well, the only problem - brittle plastic. I changed the airways, the wheel wells, and the front glass of the cockpit.

Sorry for the bad English.

0_17f774_2a7ba5e4_orig

0_17f776_873512a4_orig

0_17f773_b1e2dc18_orig

0_17f778_40642232_orig

0_17f777_90930ad2_orig

0_17f775_f3ce775a_orig

Edited by Bolschoj Phantome

Looking very nice for a 1/72 scale build  .  Is the paint job correct on your build ?  I would like to build one myself, so maybe I can use yours as example of what it should look like .

Cheers, Christian 

Thank you for the good words!

Christian, I am very pleased That you want to take as an example my work. Yak-7B from the Museum of defense of Leningrad looked like this. However, we must note that it's a Museum piece, so it didn't look like most standard Yak-7B, for example, have the configuration of the air ways, like the early Yak-7. The nose fairing, apparently, was replaced in the course repairs and not painted.

0_17f876_1f2a7db6_orig

0_17f874_39bc3556_orig

0_17f875_f9c6b967_orig