Britmodeller website

? Topic starters must have 100 posts or more to post. Posts from users below this limit will be deleted

I hoped to post my looking4 H&MS-11 decal   there ?

Then for Hyperscale

Hyperscale's network 54Login <error>

Any other good website out there?

Edited by cag_200

Both of these are good sites, but there are rules to weed out those who would post improper things. They've had to go this route because of spammers.

Chris

Edited by dogsbody

Dogsbody......Thanks for clarifying the position. As you have said, BM have had to take such measures to weed out 'drive-bys' and scammers that ruined it for the 99% of honest modellers out there. The system is still not 100% fool proof but it has put the majority of undesirables off.  

cag_200......take grave exception to the title of your OP. Taking umbrage because you do not like the rules of the site is no excuse and is unlikely to provide you with any progress when it comes to making requests for hard-to-find hobby items. I find that a little bit of tact, diplomacy, patience and guile goes a long way towards achieving your goal. 

12 hours ago, Aeronca1121 said:

Sort of related:   I tried to get on Tony Matteliano's index and was blocked by the wall of advertising. I could not get to his title page for the life of me. Was it my error or has this effected others ?

I just saw a post on HS that Tony Matteliano pasted away. 

12 hours ago, Beauslx said:

I just saw a post on HS that Tony Matteliano pasted away. 

Yeah, I posted that. A gentleman from IPMS Tidewater saw an obituary from Niagara. Very sad. His website was a great service that's likely to not be repeated.I imagined it took years of effort for him to put that together and make it so easy to use.

So it's crap because it stopped you doing exactly what the 100 post limit was designed to stop....

Perhaps you should make the effort to be part of the community rather than just using it for one single post...  

On 3/30/2018 at 6:18 AM, cag_200 said:

? Topic starters must have 100 posts or more to post. Posts from users below this limit will be deleted

Hang on! The only place I see that is in Buy & Sell. Did I miss something?

1) Yes, on BM to post TO SELL SOMETHING you must have 100+ posts; that way folks don't just register to sell, it asks you to show some good faith as a member of the community.

2) Yep, wouldn't mind the title of this thread being slightly edited.... 

3) Only reason I know BM is from the time our beloved ARC was offline during the crisis not too long ago.

4) The other site mentioned was my home years ago before I discovered ARC. I thought I was always a polite and decent contributor as I have tried to do here for over a decade and a half. Then one day the owner of that site contacted me and said they'd been having spam or something-or-other and were blocking the bandwidth (or something) it was coming from, and that it included my IP. So I was tried and convicted without warning. Only years later did I ONLY use that site to sell stuff. That's it. Was insulting and, dare I say in a non-wishy-washy-way, hurtful. 

Perchance when that happened I had just registered on ARC perhaps months before, and was welcomed with open arms into this wonderful family. I thank all of you for everything :cheers: 

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Title modified..:rolleyes:

ARC is good but i thought Britmodeller would help saving extra shipping charges as it is more close to home.

Having over 100 post before buying/selling..  I can't go for that.

Edited by cag_200