Tony Matteliano has passed away

• After discussing the difficulty I was having accessing "Scale Modeling Index" A gentleman from IPMS Tidewater informed me he had seen an obituary for Mr. Matteliano from Niagara about 18 months ago. If I am merely repeating something everyone else knew. forgive me. His site was quite a piece of work that will be missed and very likely never repeated.
11 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I'm not sure that's the correct one. The date on that is from March 2011.

I think this was posted years ago, that is his father. Tony signed the condolences book.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys:  Just want to tell everyone I am indeed ALIVE and WELL :)  I decided to give up maintaining Scale Model Index a few years back as it was becoming too difficult to maintain. With the emergence of Facebook groups, it made it not worth the time to maintain all the links on Scale Model Index as there is now tons of related info on Facebook and You Tube.. I am proud that I was able to provide this service to modelers for 15+ years. I guess I never realized how many people utilized the site.   BTW, the obituary reference above was for my dad Antonino who passed in 2010. 

Edited by TonyM
1 hour ago, TonyM said:

Hi Guys:  Just want to tell everyone I am indeed ALIVE and WELL :)  I decided to give up maintaining Scale Model Index a few years back as it was becoming too difficult to maintain. With the emergence of Facebook groups, it made it not worth the time to maintain all the links on Scale Model Index as there is now tons of related info on Facebook and You Tube.. I am proud that I was able to provide this service to modelers for 15+ years. I guess I never realized how many people utilized the site.   BTW, the obituary reference above was for my dad Antonino who passed in 2010. 

Glad to hear that you are still with us!!  Lost a few folks that were big in the modeling world recently, don't need any more bad news.

2 hours ago, TonyM said:

Hi Guys:  Just want to tell everyone I am indeed ALIVE and WELL 🙂 I decided to give up maintaining Scale Model Index a few years back as it was becoming too difficult to maintain. With the emergence of Facebook groups, it made it not worth the time to maintain all the links on Scale Model Index as there is now tons of related info on Facebook and You Tube.. I am proud that I was able to provide this service to modelers for 15+ years. I guess I never realized how many people utilized the site.   BTW, the obituary reference above was for my dad Antonino who passed in 2010. 

As I expected, good to hear that you are well.

Edited by Scooby