Anyone here with 'From Sky to Sea : The Story of Edwin A. Link' ?

I'm looking for information on the first (or first generation) of Link trainers, from around 1929. I consulted 'The Pilot Maker' by Lloyd L Kelly (1970) but it contains no photos of these early simulators. I also found the title 'From Sky to Sea : The Story of Edwin A. Link' but I cannot find it here. It's a long shot, but does anyone here have that book? I just want to know whether there are photos of the first generation Link trainers in there. Thanks in advance!

Rob

I used to work for Link.  There are many Link trainers on display at various museums. 

Do an image search on “Link simulator” and “Link blue box”

Edited by habu2
21 hours ago, jbryan911 said:

My hometown is the birthplace of the Link trainer. It might take me a little bit to get there, but one of our libraries has the book. We also have 2 Link Trainers locally as well. 

From memory it was Birmingham, hope I got that right? It's a bit too much to ask you to go to the library to get an answer to my question! But if you stop by from time to time, maybe you could take a peek in the book. Thanks in advance!

Rob

21 hours ago, habu2 said:

I used to work for Link.  There are many Link trainers on display at various museums. 

Do an image search on “Link simulator” and “Link blue box”.

What a nice coincidence! I have three different 1/72 kits of the ANT-18 (Army Navy Trainer model 18), an enhanced version of the earelier model C3, designed to represent the AT-6/SNJ/Harvard, the standard 'blue box' simulator that most aviation enthousiasts recognise.

I want to build one as the first prototype. The problem is that I haven't found a source that shows it. Most photo caption say something like 'an early version' or similar. Hence my question about the book, maybe it is clearer on that aspect.

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie
35 minutes ago, jbryan911 said:

Binghamton, NY. Everyone wants to put  p in it. We're also the home of Rod Serling too. Rob, I use the local libraries a lot, so I should be able to get there for you.  

That would be very nice! Thanks in advance.

Rob