Trumpeter Sea Vixen 1/48 released

It appears this kit is now available. Saw a couple auctions for it on eBay and it is listed for sale at a number of vendors.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1123052-trumpeter-05808-sea-vixen

Watched the YouTube review. Looks OK. Not much of a cockpit to speak off. Intake and exhaust trunks look too small. On the plus side, doesn't look like the mad riveter got near it. I already have the Airfix kit and a ton of aftermarket, so I will pass on this one I think.

1 hour ago, Jeff C said:

If your going to 'pass on this one' why post anything about it at all?

In case someone else may interested. Just because I probably won't buy one doesn't mean someone else may not want one. It is modeling news. Of possible interest to modelers of jet aircraft. If I didn't already have the Airfix kit I would seriously consider getting this one. Overall detail looks better than the Airfix model. Not by leaps and bounds, but definitely better from what I could see. If the aftermarket people make some stuff for it, it would probably build up nicely.

Edited by Mstor
29 minutes ago, Mstor said:

If the aftermarket people make some stuff for it, it would probably build up nicely.

Well the decals need replacement as the under wings serials should be black not white.

8 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Well the decals need replacement as the under wings serials should be black not white.

Oh man, how did I miss that! Now that is just plain dumb on Trumpeter's part. White on white decals :doh:

15 hours ago, Mstor said:

Oh man, how did I miss that! Now that is just plain dumb on Trumpeter's part. White on white decals :doh:

Brought to you by he same folks that produced red, white, and black F-100F Thunderbird decals. 

Didn't know Trumpeter popped one of these, but I like to keep up with what is coming out. I too already have the Airfix kit so probably wouldn't buy this one either.

so now we have two 1/48 scale Javelins, go figure. there's so many other Jets they could have done. 

Max Bryant

3 hours ago, mightymax said:

so now we have two 1/48 scale Javelins, go figure. there's so many other Jets they could have done.

Ummm, Sea Vixens :doh:

Oops can't remember what I read after only a few replies were read. Doesn't help that my Airfix Jav was staring back at me from the shelf as I wrote my reply.

So my comment of having two 1/48 kits still applies. Just replace Javelin with Sea Vixen and a forehead slap....

Max Bryant