Revell 1/32 P-51

Hi Viper: 

AMUR's catalog is here:  http://amurreaver.ru/.  You order by sending him an email with what you want:  He accepts PayPal and ships quickly (I placed an order Saturday and it shipped today on Sunday).  

Rust Usmanov <rust1968@gmail.com>

You can order the Exhausts from Shapeways (who does the 3D Printing): here is the link to the exhausts https://www.shapeways.com/product/LJ4M8D9J9/1-32-p-51-mustang-exhausts-hollow

and the link to the exhausts with the shrouds:  https://www.shapeways.com/product/L7SYDU5J2/1-32-p-51-mustang-hollow-exhausts-and-shrouds

There used to be a '1 piece' option (which I didn't like) but the webpage has not yet been updated to reflect the two piece option (but it is noted on the page).  I've done reviews of both the unshrouded and shrouded exhausts but don't have a financial relationship with Steve at Model Monkey or Shapeways other than Steve has sent me his parts for my testing, feedback and reviews since I was an early builder of the Revell P-51D and have also built the Tamiya P-51D.  He doesn't see my reviews prior to posting or provide any edits.  I just like that he is responsive and open to feedback on what he's designing.

Follow the directions on the Shapeways site as far as putting the exhausts in the sun for several hours.  After that, prime and paint as usual.  BTW, Shapeways prints on demand so you may see a delay in shipping of a few days while they collect orders.  Just FYI.

Good luck!

Chris

Edited by CANicoll
Update on shipping from Shapeways.
On 7/10/2018 at 10:32 AM, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I've been debating on doing a triple build comparison...Tamiya, Revell and ZM..probably call it something cheeky like the "Horse Race" build or something like that..

Ha!  I think the three represent three very different strategies on modeling. ZM on the high end, Tamiya, not far behind and Revell on a very detailed cockpit but otherwise a fairly straightforward (and inexpensive) build.

But I'd follow your build if you did a three-way comparison!

Chris

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Wish I could find this kit in the states.  Hesitant to order off ebay due to the potential for cracked canopy....

You should not have too much trouble finding it.  At the IPMS Nationals one of the vendors had a stack of at least 20 of them, going for $25 each.  I know they sold a lot of them, but don't think they got rid of them all.  I'd keep searching to see if you can find one in the states.  Where are you located?

Chris

Looking again on eBay, I recognized one of the sellers was a hobby shop I used to frequent when I lived near St Louis.  I looked on their website but couldn't find the kit listed on there. 

So, I went old-school.  Picked up the phone and called them,  Kit is on the way....  :thumbsup: