1/48 UH-60 UES and new Composite Main Rotor Blades for the Italeri kit

18 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Are you going to do the rest of the UH-60M conversion?

--New IP panel and center console

--New Crew Chief seats

--Composite stabilator

--Upgraded missle warning electronics

Hope so. Count me for a set if so!!!

Tim

Hi Tim,

Based on the poor sales since the Upturned Exhaust System was released and low enquiries for the new composite main rotor blades, It'll be very unlikely that ScaleWorx will be investing in making other aftermarket goodies for the 1/48 Black Hawk. I'll will keep them in production though, as it was quite a bit of work to make the masters. Sorry about this, but I need to focus projects that are in demand. Ironically, majority of the sales were to Taiwan and Sweden, and not the USA. Might still make the barrier filters one day as a final add on ;)

Cheers, John

HeavyArty,

Thanks for your feedback. You are the first one to give a solid opinion on this. I considered the UES and the new rotor blades to be the biggest obstacle for modelers. The smaller changes I thought to have been within the average modelers abilities to modify themselves. I would appreciate more feedback from the guys, and if reference material can be sourced of what is a true requirement for the Mike model, it can be reconsidered.

Cheers,

John

4 minutes ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

All I can say Ian that’s this is a really dedicated work of art.. 

for or how much that will sell sir?

Thanks CharlieUH-1H,

The Upturned Exhaust System and the new composite rotor blades is sold as a set for 20 US Dollars. Shipping via registered airmail is 12 US Dollars.

The older L models are getting the the new blades when they are coming out of phase/reset as far as I know.

As far as what you need for a Mike conversion set, I can help with any info you may need. Feel free to PM me. 

A 1/48 UH-60M conversion set would fill a hole in an otherwise blank part of helicopter modeling considering the whole Army fleet is converting over to either M models or V models which both share the same mods.

Tim

1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

The older L models are getting the the new blades when they are coming out of phase/reset as far as I know.

As far as what you need for a Mike conversion set, I can help with any info you may need. Feel free to PM me. 

A 1/48 UH-60M conversion set would fill a hole in an otherwise blank part of helicopter modeling considering the whole Army fleet is converting over to either M models or V models which both share the same mods.

Tim

Tim, thanks for the info.  I plan on doing an L with this conversion.  I plan to use the Italeri kit.  So the UH60Ls have the upturned exhaust, but not the new blades?

I've personally only seen 1 pic of a L model with the UES. It's my understanding eventually all hawks will have the new swept tip blades. All M models have the new blades and almost all being modded to the new UES.

The V model is an old L model that has been reset and upgraded with the new avionics suite.

This is a quote from an article about the V models.

The UH-60V Black Hawk program will modernize the Army’s fleet of UH‑60L helicopters through cost-effective cockpit upgrades. The new system is nearly identical to the UH‑60M pilot-vehicle interface, providing common training and operational employment

Tim

20 minutes ago, Airframe Guy said:

The wide cord blade (swept tip) is only on the UH-60M (and the other services varients of the M). The UH-60L and the UH-60V still use the legacy blade. The wide cord blade will not work on the L & V models.

Huh, I stand corrected. I was under the understanding that eventually all hawks would have the swept tip blades. 

So why aren't they L and V models not going to use them???

Tim

The M blade is completely different. The cuff is similar but the rest is based off of the S-92 blade. the wider cord of the blade increases the lift and changes the dynamic performance of the blade. This changes how the airframe and it’s systems operate. The M was designed around the blade and its performance. The L and the V are not capable of operating with this blade.

Thanks for the correction. What kind of issues have occured with the L/V models that negate the use of the wide chord blades? They're all composite, so weight shouldn't be a factor. Because they provide more lift and performance, it seems they would incorporate them fleet wide.

Tim

Well this is very interesting. Thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna play safe and make them as separate products. I'll look into making the other mods for the Mike model Black Hawks in the future, as I'm already working on another project for the 1/48 Alouette III gunship conversion.

Cheers, John