1/48 UH-60 UES and new Composite Main Rotor Blades for the Italeri kit

Hi guys,

This is the progress made so far on scratch building the masters of the upturned exhaust system for the UH-60 L/M, based on the Italeri kit.

wIgVmv.jpg
4JGY7L.jpg
IfVfUo.jpg
clw2md.jpg
Yyekzn.jpg
ZplXIp.jpg
1dG3yS.jpg

Cheers, John

Edited by ScaleWorx

Hi guys,

Finally completed the masters for this project. Now to make the rubber molds, then I'll post pics soon of the first resin casting  :thumbsup:

The host kit took a bit of a beating when I cut out the engine deck, so excuse the gaps, but it serves it's purpose.

c0FFNc.jpg
Khb0Aa.jpg
aCq23Y.jpg
luTZPX.jpg
Rc6xWA.jpg
Ac1jSf.jpg

Cheers, John

Edited by ScaleWorx
Missing text.

Thanks Twong and Wafu, the barrier filters do make it look rather menacing, and might consider tackling it at some stage. However, 1/35 upturned exhausts has already been done by Cobra Company. 

Cheers, John 

Wafu....The 1/35 Intake Barriers (Cobra Company) are in production by Mike West at Lone Star Models right now and he has all the Cobra Masters so you could inquire there as to when he could run the upturned exhausts for you as  he is working on casting the whole line and your request might influence when they are done ....

P.S. Treat this as an aside to Wafu and not a distraction from ScaleWorx's nice work so far (that 1/72 109 interests me).....

Edited by RCAFFAN
42 minutes ago, ScaleWorx said:

Thanks Twong and Wafu, the barrier filters do make it look rather menacing, and might consider tackling it at some stage.

Cheers, John 

John, I hope you tackle them soon.

Please take note they are multi angled in shape.

UW4Mgxk.jpg

0YTRW7Q.jpg

D79AG61.jpg

1 minute ago, Tank said:

The USA looks different then the USN version. Bigger in the front.

They are the same and the USN even borrowed some from the US Army. In some photos the front is opened and some are closed giving the impression they are different. The front part is spring loaded and can be opened inwards if the outer filters get too clogged.

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

Very nice looking exhausts. 

the Air filters should be done CAD work since its a pain in the A#$ to do. 

Thanks Rotorman, I just don't think CAD 3D printing is necessary. It's much easier to scratch build than the exhausts. I dont really like 3D printing that much anyway, as it takes the fun and skill out of scratch building.

I scratch built the ATE Mi-35 Superhind Mk.III air filters some years ago in 1/72. So, I think I'll be able to pull this off ;)

RfvbxU.png
H4sKMC.jpg

Edited by ScaleWorx
Typo
50 minutes ago, ScaleWorx said:

Thanks Rotorman, I just don't think CAD 3D printing is necessary. It's much easier to scratch build than the exhausts. I dont really like 3D printing that much anyway, as it takes the fun and skill out of scratch building.

I scratch built the ATE Mi-35 Superhind Mk.III air filters some years ago in 1/72. So, I think I'll be able to pull this off ;)

RfvbxU.png
H4sKMC.jpg

great looking filters indeed.

I agree with the gun of scratchbuilt. Here are my filters for the S.

20171126_162730_zpscs6tdpud.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Thanks guys, I'll post some pics when I start with the barrier filters one day.

Rotorman, scratch building is very therapeutic, and I can see that you have put in a lot of effort to add detail, well done.

So, the molds were made, and here is the first test casting.  It's very tricky to cast and even more to take out of the mold, but I'm pleased with the result.

N2kowF.jpg
BYJ15E.jpg

Thanks for the compliments and approval, as it's the modelers that should be happy with it. Just want to still draw up a set of instructions. 

This conversion will be available this coming week, and those who are interested can contact me at scaleworx@yahoo.com for orders. 

Cheers, John 

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

I finally got some time to make the master for the new wider chord composite main rotor blades master to compliment the Upturned Exhaust System. Should have the molds ready soon.

Should anyone be interested, please send me an e-mail to scaleworx@yahoo.com 🙂

mMFUW3.jpg

Cheers,

John