Humboldt Broncos Junior Hockey Team tragedy

Very tragic event indeed. Never want to see or hear of the death of others. RIP to those that were lost and a speedy recovery for those that are injured. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families, friends, teammates and fans.

I put out a stick last night. My street was lit up this morning with lights and sticks. It was impressive. I also donated to go fund me.

Sadly, a co-worker of

mine lost her son, Logan Hunter. 

Six of the boys are from the Edmonton area, I know people who knew four of them.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

I put out a stick last night. My street was lit up this morning with lights and sticks. It was impressive. I also donated to go fund me.

Sadly, a co-worker of

mine lost her son, Logan Hunter. 

Six of the boys are from the Edmonton area, I know people who knew four of them.

Damn...sorry to hear that.

My son played, and the bus trips and road games is what built a team, and family...true of all youth sports I suppose. I'm sure for some of those who survived it'll be a hard time to get back on the ice, and for others an inspiration to further their game.

Well done Snowbirds! Classy. I have a stick out down here as well. My Son and Daughter go to a private school that requires uniforms but tomorrow they are letting the students wear their favorite sports jersey in honor of those affected by this tragedy.

So sad.

Our sticks are out as well. My oldest son played Football both High School and a summer travel team I can't imagine what they are going through.

:pray: for them.

Don

Tomorrow is jersey day in Canada in memory. Members of the Armed Forces are permitted to wear their hockey jersey to work. At my place, non uniformed personal are encouraged.  As I am teaching first aid tomorrow and not on a floor I will be participating.

On 2018-04-10 at 1:53 PM, 82Whitey51 said:

Damn...sorry to hear that.

My son played, and the bus trips and road games is what built a team, and family...true of all youth sports I suppose. I'm sure for some of those who survived it'll be a hard time to get back on the ice, and for others an inspiration to further their game.

I’ve always had small world stories, but I am surprised how many people I know also know Logan. But not only Logan, the three other St. Albert boys were well known by so many people in my circle.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Tomorrow is jersey day in Canada in memory. Members of the Armed Forces are permitted to wear their hockey jersey to work. At my place, non uniformed personal are encouraged.  As I am teaching first aid tomorrow and not on a floor I will be participating.

Was there a CANFORGEN? If not where did this direction come from. As I am from that area of Sask and current;y in an OUTCAN position, I would like to know where this direction came from so I too can participate.

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Our stick is out too.....

Sadly the trainer has also passed bringing the toll to 16.

Hopefully she isn’t forgotten, the players have been given so much attention.

I'm having trouble forgiving the truck driver, there was a warning sign for the stop sign and a flashing light. The only other fault I have is with the government for not having rumble strips and for allowing those trees on the corner of the intersection.

I’m disgusted the driver is saying the sun was in his eyes, it was 5 PM, still another 2 hours to sunset, the sun was still high at that time.

Just now, Scooby said:

Hopefully she isn’t forgotten, the players have been given so much attention.

I'm having trouble forgiving the truck driver, there was a warning sign for the stop sign and a flashing light. The only other fault I have is with the government for not having rumble strips and for allowing those trees on the corner of the intersection.

I’m disgusted the driver is saying the sun was in his eyes, it was 5 PM, still another 2 hours to sunset, the sun was still high at that time.

Quickly judging the situation without all the facts is in my opinion the wrong thing to do at this time.

3 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Was there a CANFORGEN? If not where did this direction come from. As I am from that area of Sask and current;y in an OUTCAN position, I would like to know where this direction came from so I too can participate.

I saw it on Facebook. I think it was signed by General Vance. I tried linking it but its not working right.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I saw it on Facebook. I think it was signed by General Vance. I tried linking it but its not working right.

Not sure what you mean you saw "it" on facebook; what was signed...could you describe what was signed?

2 minutes ago, Scooby said:

It is fairly clear what happened.

This is not the intention of starting this thread. It was started to pay respect to the families and victims, not to lay blame. I do not wish for this thread to become hi jacked by personal opinions poorly based on a few assumptions. If you wish to express your disgust and lay out your ill informed  opinions of the situation, I  respectfully ask you to start another thread somewhere else.

14 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

This is not the intention of starting this thread. It was started to pay respect to the families and victims, not to lay blame. I do not wish for this thread to become hi jacked by personal opinions poorly based on a few assumptions. If you wish to express your disgust and lay out your ill informed  opinions of the situation, I  respectfully ask you to start another thread somewhere else.

They aren’t ill informed.