Humboldt Broncos Junior Hockey Team tragedy

15 minutes ago, cf18hornet said:

If it’s so clear what happened they why did the police investigators say today that it may take up to a month to really know what happened?

This will be my last comment in this thread.

Obviously the police have to collect their information. And that will take time.

I was essentially told I can’t be angry and I can’t point the finger in the direction it should be pointed. The truck driver was careless and not paying attention to the road.

I work with the mother of one of the boys. Four of the boys were well known in my circle. One of the boys fathers coached my son and was very good to my son. I feel for him.

My former employer sent three air ambulance helicopters to the scene. My former co-workers feel the same anger. Parents of the boys are now expressing their anger.

There isn’t an ounce of disrespect for these victims through my dissapointment with the actions of one.

On 4/12/2018 at 10:26 PM, cf18hornet said:

If it’s so clear what happened they why did the police investigators say today that it may take up to a month to really know what happened?

Having been the NCO in charge of the Ottawa Police Collision Investigation Unit in the past, it'll take more than a month.  It may take two or three, and maybe longer, for the full technical reconstruction report to be finished.  There are a lot of things that the investigators will need to do; physical scene exam, search warrant for Event Data Recorders (vehicle 'black box'), collection and analysis of said data, vehicle safety checks, etc).  Unfortunately, this isn't CSI where everything is figured out within an hour.

I think we owe it to the families of everyone involved, the community, the first responders, the rest of Canada and all who are grieving, to avoid any speculation as to what might or might not have happened.  We need to allow the RCMP Collision Investigators to complete their report and let them tell us what happened instead of everyone guessing what happened.

That's my nickel's worth.

Mike

On 4/11/2018 at 8:58 PM, AlienFrogModeller said:

Not sure what you mean you saw "it" on facebook; what was signed...could you describe what was signed?

AFM...sorry I'm a couple of days late to the party but here's what phantom was referring to.  This was posted on Facebook:

Tomorrow, Canadians across the country will don sports jerseys as a gesture to show their support for the Humboldt Broncos hockey team following last week’s tragic events in Saskatchewan.
Because of the work we do, many of us in uniform have experienced the same emotional burden tragedies like this inflict. Canadians regularly show outpourings of support for us in our time of need. Now it’s time for us to give back.
To show our support for the Broncos, I have authorized the wearing of sports jerseys by Canadian Armed Forces members tomorrow, April 12. For those of you who decide to participate, I encourage you to share imagery of your jerseys on social media and tag the @CanadianForces Facebook account.
As operational requirements take precedence, not all Canadian Armed Forces members will be able to participate. Also, no one should be wearing a jersey while travelling to and from their work, but may do so within their workplaces and buildings.
Our condolences go out to all the players, families and friends affected by this tragedy.
Jonathan H. Vance General Chief of the Defence Staff