Verlinden/ True Details F-14 cockpit set

Looking at getting started on one of the gazillion sets of Tomcat decals I have and am definitely going to be picking up the necessary pieces from @Darren Roberts, who I believe has become the Monogram/Revell F-14 expert. My question is where would the cockpit set from either Verlinden or True Details fit in for an -A model (early or late)? Are they accurate at all? I'm not 100% sure but can some of the Verlinden pieces even be used on a Revellogram kit? 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/135861-verlinden-productions-428-f-14-tomcat-cockpit-set

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/161299-true-details-48480-grumman-f-14a-tomcat-cockpit-detail-set

The True Details set would be for they typical 80's F-14A. With that said, they take some liberties with accuracy. The knobs and switches aren't necessarily in the correct place on the side consoles. The IP's are decent, and it looks busy when done. I can't speak to the Verlinden set. What you might want to do is get the Aries set that's for the Academy kit. I used that on my VF-103 build and it fits quite nicely.

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

The True Details set would be for they typical 80's F-14A. With that said, they take some liberties with accuracy. The knobs and switches aren't necessarily in the correct place on the side consoles. The IP's are decent, and it looks busy when done. I can't speak to the Verlinden set. What you might want to do is get the Aries set that's for the Academy kit. I used that on my VF-103 build and it fits quite nicely.

Wow Aires set "fits quite nicely". That is good news. I wonder if it because it is for the Academy kit and there is a little difference with the Monogram kit? By the way, did Aires ever make one for the Monogram kit?

Also, I have the Verlinden set but have not looked at it in years so I may have to go do that and compare it to my references.

Lemme know what you come up with on that Chris. I am extremely interested in the Verlinden set specifically because of the canopy rails and other little tid bits I haven't seen on other sets especially because I know that they won't fit on the Revellogram.

Also the only resin pit I have seen labeled for the Monogram was the True Details.

Sure will do. Yeah I think it was the additional rail and other details that drew me to the set. Remember this was back in the 80s so Aires did not even exist back then. Also, is it even available? I know Verlinden has closed his line so it may be hard to find? To be honest did not even check ebay or amazon so maybe there?