Yes, I have one and I really like it. With a set of calipers or a dividers and ruler , you can get the diameter of items and easily cut a perfect circle to mask. I use it for wheel masking frequently.

I just saw that they now offer a "centering" tool. That'll come in handy for cutting out items, such as decals and the like.

8 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Yes, I have one and I really like it. With a set of calipers or a dividers and ruler , you can get the diameter of items and easily cut a perfect circle to mask. I use it for wheel masking frequently.

I just saw that they now offer a "centering" tool. That'll come in handy for cutting out items, such as decals and the like.

Thanks.  I was TRYING to cut a 48th scale circle of 15 inches, the old way and "What a PAIN"!   Finally did get there but hope this tool makes job much easier!!

And, thanks.

Bo

12 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

82Whitney51,

Can you please give us a description of how you apply the calipers and ruler to the tool?  My cutter does not have scale markings.

Thanks.

Edited by Neptune48
Add a sentence
16 hours ago, Neptune48 said:

82Whitney51,

Can you please give us a description of how you apply the calipers and ruler to the tool?  My cutter does not have scale markings.

Thanks.

I just now got my Thinnerline Circle Cutter and mine DOES have scale on inside of wheel and the instructions has one put provided Arrow on cutting arm.  I'm guessing arrow is placed to 0 (zero).  Each number on scale is 10 mm.  I'll have to convert MM to inches for my use, ..... or just get close enuff for Gov't Work!!  LOL!!

My inside scale is actually engraved with paint in the recesses.  Pretty well made.  Has SWISS on Ring?? And BTW, mine is Black instead of the 1st Gen Yellow ones.

Bo

Bo

16 hours ago, Neptune48 said:

82Whitney51,

Thanks.

No scale markings of any kind? I have the orange/white "first gen" cutter and it has a graduated (MM) scale along the edge that the blade is set. If I'm making a mask for a wheel, I use my calipers to measure the diameter of the wheel hub, divide it by 2 and set my cutter to that measurement on the graduated scale. I have used a set of dividers and a steel ruler to do the same.

I just bought mine last Christmas for myself...I wish I waited and got the current iteration, the scale markings are more clearly defined.

4 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

No scale markings of any kind? I have the orange/white "first gen" cutter and it has a graduated (MM) scale along the edge that the blade is set. If I'm making a mask for a wheel, I use my calipers to measure the diameter of the wheel hub, divide it by 2 and set my cutter to that measurement on the graduated scale. I have used a set of dividers and a steel ruler to do the same.

I just bought mine last Christmas for myself...I wish I waited and got the current iteration, the scale markings are more clearly defined.

Well, that just demonstrates that memory is the second thing to go.  I'm mostly stuck in bed, keeping my fractured ankle elevated per doctor's orders, and trying to write from memory.  I finally made the long journey down the hall to the man-cave and found that the the cutter does have markings.  I must have forgotten that little fact because I just couldn't figure out the relationship between them and any measurements I had made on the work.  I could tell that moving the pointer along the scale moved the blade farther from the center than the distance along the marks.  I guess I just lack the imagination to make the 2:1 leap, and nothing in the single instruction sheet or any markings on the tool or in the demo video provided a hint.  Does that mean I'm too dense to qualify to own one?

Snarkiness aside, the tool works great, and I bet it will work even better now that I know how to adjust it.  I have already ordered the centering tool.  As far as I am concerned, that worthless Olfa cutter in my toolbox (too little pressure and it doesn't cut, too much pressure and it flexes) is a candidate for the recycle bin.

When I'm back up and functioning I'll have to apply what you've taught me here, 82Whitney51...if I remember it.

Thanks and Regards,

Bruce

2 hours ago, jabow said:

Get well soon, then back into the modelling swing!! 

And cut out that physical activity that broke your ankle!!  :thumbsup:

Bo

What?  Carrying a box of Chinese food to my truck and tripping over a car stop?  And to add insult to injury, even though I didn't spill a drop, the food wasn't all that good!

Thanks,

Bruce