ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Drifterdon

Long Shot Request LF 1/144 EC-135 Parts Overwing Antennas

This is probably reaching but I'm looking for a set of (left and right) high frequency probe antennas from the 1/144 Minicraft EC-135C kit.   They are parts number 77 and 78.  They are the overwing antennas on the end of each wing that look similar to the antenna at the tip of the tail.  I need them for a series of RC-135 conversions I am in the process of building.

Edited by Drifterdon

Don, 

Have you looked at Welsh Model's 1/144 RC-135W (CV-23, CV-24, CV-25) & EC-135N (CV-81) conversions?  They both feature some of these antennae.  I'd offer you some of mine, but I need all the ones I have plus about a dozen more.  I may recast a few, but not for a few years.

R/ Dutch

Dutch

I have a coupe of the Welsh RC-135 conversion sets with these but they don't include the probe or antenna or what-ever you call the antenna thingie sticking out of the front.   Was trying to get solid one piece unit like what Minicraft provides.   I can't imagine the Welsh antennas would be very sturdy mounted out on the end of the wings.    Heck, I'm on my third kit HF antenna at the top of the tail for my RC-135E Rivet Amber build!  Somebody needs to cast these in lead or pewter or some other durable metal so it doesn't snap off so easily.

Edited by Drifterdon

It wouldn't be hard to scratch build them Don, I did so on my 1/72 E-3D when I realised the Airfix renditions were fiction.

29665693118_bdfa656a34_b.jpg

43606410601_826da0a668_b.jpg

8 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

It wouldn't be hard to scratch build them Don, I did so on my 1/72 E-3D when I realised the Airfix renditions were fiction.

I'll probably have to do just that Ray.   I can't afford to buy this kit just for the antennas though I have decided to use one my EC-135's as a parts kit to replace the busted off HF antenna on my RC-135E conversion.  So I have at least one set.

BTW - Nice work on your E-3.

Don