LF 1/144 Minicraft EC-135 Overwing HF Antennas

I'm still looking for a set of (left and right) high frequency probe antennas (Part #77 and 78) from the 1/144 Minicraft EC-135C kit.   I no longer need the Satcom antennas (parts 79, 80, 81).   Parts are needed for a series of RC-135 conversions I am in the process of building.   Will pay a reasonable amount for parts and shipping. 

Edited by Drifterdon
  • 3 weeks later...

Dutch

I have a coupe of the Welsh RC-135 conversion sets with these but they don't include the probe or antenna or what-ever you call the antenna thingie sticking out of the front.   Was trying to get solid one piece unit like what Minicraft provides.   I can't imagine the Welsh antennas would be very sturdy mounted out on the end of the wings.    Heck, I'm on my third kit HF antenna at the top of the tail for my RC-135E Rivet Amber build!  Somebody needs to cast these in lead or pewter or some other durable metal so it doesn't snap off so easily.

Edited by Drifterdon
8 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

It wouldn't be hard to scratch build them Don, I did so on my 1/72 E-3D when I realised the Airfix renditions were fiction.

I'll probably have to do just that Ray.   I can't afford to buy this kit just for the antennas though I have decided to use one my EC-135's as a parts kit to replace the busted off HF antenna on my RC-135E conversion.  So I have at least one set.

BTW - Nice work on your E-3.

Don

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Dutch, I need the small teardrop shaped antennas not the large saddle antenna.   They are in step 4 of the instructions.  Parts 79, 80, and 81.   I'll need several for my early Cobra Balls, Combat Scents, and Rivet Joints.   I could try to scratch build but they are really small and fiddly.  Probably too small to resin cast but I may try anyhow.  See instruction link here....

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0251/0463/files/14709_instructions.pdf?10150049358346245979

• Drifterdon changed the title to LF 1/144 Minicraft EC-135 Overwing HF Antennas
On 4/7/2018 at 11:46 PM, Drifterdon said:

I'm still looking for a set of (left and right) high frequency probe antennas (Part #77 and 78) from the 1/144 Minicraft EC-135C kit.   I no longer need the Satcom antennas (parts 79, 80, 81).   Parts are needed for a series of RC-135 conversions I am in the process of building.   Will pay a reasonable amount for parts and shipping. 

All,

I find I am still in need of the overwing HF antennas that are found in the Minicraft EC-135 Looking Glass kit.   I am backdating the Roden RC-135W to an earlier version and need a pair of the HF antennas to put over both wings.   I'd rather have the ones from the kit than have to make from scratch or use the undersized ones from the Welsh Models kits.

Don

Edited by Drifterdon