Hi, here are some pics of my recently completed 1/72 Fujimi A-7E. I used a set of Microscale decals, and a Pavla resin ejection seat to dress it up a bit. This build was a test bed for some "new to me" techniques. The build itself has a few warts, and it barely survived a drop to the floor after airbrushing, but I learned quite a bit. Thanks for looking!

8OhSWlh.jpg

MFGV7Wa.jpg

Dz3kZmN.jpg

Hi

This is one is very nice and the Fujimi still worths buying. If I remember well the jet intake has the good lower shape contrary to the Hobbyboss kit.

Thank you for sharing.

Patrick

As this is the Cretique Corner, I'd like to get some opinions on the panel lines. I think they turned out too dark and "toy" looking. This was my first attempt at an oil paint based wash. I loved the technique and will continue to explore it, but I overdid it. In the future I'll err on the side of too light. Also, as this was a finishing technique experiment, I didn't focus on a strong base build. I need to keep focus on all aspects of the build.

This was a learning project, so don't hold back. You won't hurt my feelings.

PS: I take horrible pictures, still trying to figure that out.

Thanks!!

Hello Bill

Very nice model you have here : nice litte A-7.

I like the weathering very much : subtle and not overdone - It is realistic to my eyes.

As for the panel lines, they might be a tad too dark but not much really.

As this is a light grey overall paint, you might have tried sepia or medium/dark grey for your wash (though I don't what wash colour you used).

also what can be done is re-spraying a thin mist of altered camo colour on lines : it works quite well on US Navy machine. It helps to lessen contrast on lines and can also build as "touch ups" on NAVY aircraft.

Regards

Eric B. 

Edited by Eric B.
spelling

Very nice build and yes survival from the drop is impressive..done that a few times.

I did the Fujimi A-7A and it wasnt a bad build....better overall shape than the hobbyboss kit..but a little tougher build due to the intake moldings

Steve

0cHwL7S.jpg

Edited by scorvi