2 hours ago, Vaildog said:

I feel bad for AMK, I don't know they couldn't light a fire under that project and get it to market. Glad I didn't preorder. 

They'd got plenty of time, they did'nt used it wisely, their fault.

4 hours ago, modelingbob said:

Hopefully, AMK will not "rush" their kit to market before it's ready. I can wait if it's a good one. 

We have been waiting for 2+ yrs....

34 minutes ago, adamitri said:

We have been waiting for 2+ yrs....

I do wish that it would come out quicker, but if it takes another two years I wouldn't mind one bit. If it's a great kit I'll buy it, regardless of how long it takes, and I'd rather they get it right and work out all the bugs. Besides at my present glacial build rate, I have enough kits in my stash to last me about another 100 years!!!! So yeah, I'm not in a real big hurry for it!!! :thumbsup: 

Geez and here I’ve been on a Tomcat kick the last few days. I’ve got no less than 15 different late model decal sets that I’ve been anticipating on building and now this!! My wife is surely going to divorce me now....

Hi,

Great news! I love their A-model.

I'm thinking that, if you want to build a B-model, you only need different ejection seats and sensor under the radome. If you're going for an early B-model, a different cockpit.

Did I miss anything?

Cheers, Stefan. 

Absolutely great news!!!  I've been patiently waiting for a new version from Tamiya and the -D one is the one I wanted.  I was never going to buy the  AMK Tomcat because I had a feeling Tamiya wouldn't pass up a huge opportunity to do other variants of their incredible F-14 but I do wish AMK great success if they continue with their Tomcat project.

7 hours ago, Stefan buysse said:

Hi,

Great news! I love their A-model.

I'm thinking that, if you want to build a B-model, you only need different ejection seats and sensor under the radome. If you're going for an early B-model, a different cockpit.

Did I miss anything?

Cheers, Stefan. 

All Bs had the same tub as A models (for modeling purposes), then only thing that changed was when B models got the sparrowhawk combining glass HUD in the mid 2000s

1 hour ago, Skull Leader said:

All Bs had the same tub as A models (for modeling purposes), then only thing that changed was when B models got the sparrowhawk combining glass HUD in the mid 2000s

Yep:thumbsup:

To turn a Delta into a A+/B, use an F-14A cockpit, seats and chin pod (with TCS camera). The only difference between an F-14A cockpit and Bravo's cockpit (before the sparrowhawk and PTID mods) was the engine starter panel, everything else was exactly the same.

2 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Yep:thumbsup:

To turn a Delta into a A+/B, use an F-14A cockpit, seats and chin pod (with TCS camera). The only difference between an F-14A cockpit and Bravo's cockpit (before the sparrowhawk and PTID mods) was the engine starter panel, everything else was exactly the same.

You'll also need the ECM suite with the bulges under the wing glove.

This is the fourth best modeling news i’ve heard.

1st Tamiya announces 1:32 Spitfire Mk. IXc

2nd Tamiya announces 1:32 Spitfire Mk XVIe

3rd Tamiya announces 1:48 F-14A Tomcat

4th Tamiya announces 1:48 F-14D Tomcat

5th Tamiya announces 1:32 P-51D Mustang

6th Tamiya announces 1:32 F-4U Corsair

The D is actually my least favorite Tomcat variant. It has limited markings and just doesn't seem to have the same draw that the A or even B does. Maybe it's because I grew up with the A and it's the A that got me hooked on the Tomcat. 

Nice thing on the -D...the cockpit can be painted all black in one go ;-)

I hope that with the apperance of the -D the -A version will go on a sale...I want a 2nd one to use Darren's Boat Tail and make her a VF-1 bird...103 over Vietnam!

cheers

Uwe

Reading Darren's posts about Tomcats got me to thinking.

Can't you all just imagine his reaction when a new Tomcat model comes out?

"oh, good, they didn't include this, I will make some",,,,"yayyyyy, they didn't make a B, I'll carve up some stuff for molding"

If he did 1/72 pre-Tomcat era stuff,,,,,,,he'd have all of my retirement money in his bank account.