On 4/19/2018 at 6:21 PM, gtypecanare said:

The designers are super busy with a lot more new items for the future, so stay tune at tamiyausa.com or tamiya.com and social media!

Well hope to see F-16D one day both in 1/32 and 1/48. The current F-16 kits are prepped for a 2 seater. Even the photo etch set has a set of seat belts in it. 

Also if they might release their brilliant 1/48 scale P-47 in 1/32. 

2 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

1/48 F-14B When?
F-14D Wich squadrons...:rolleyes:?

At this time we do not have any information on the F-14B in 1/48th.

Tentatively there will be 3-4  markings. What I've seen is 1 Atlantic squadron, 1 RAG and 1 Pacific squadron can't say which time-frame, but that can change before the show and product release.

25 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

Tentatively there will be 3-4  markings. What I've seen is 1 Atlantic squadron, 1 RAG and 1 Pacific squadron can't say which time-frame, but that can change before the show and product release.

Decals are really secondary...the market is full of them. I am much more keen on seeing the kit parts! ;-)

cheers

Uwe

14 minutes ago, anj4de said:

Decals are really secondary...the market is full of them. I am much more keen on seeing the kit parts! ;-)

cheers

Uwe

May 10th, 2018 is the first trade day of the Shizuoka Hobby Show, I'm sure social media and modeling websites will have those available.

7 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

Tamiya has a lot of new items coming in the future so please stay tune.  Your suggestions are welcomed as we are always striving to create truly fulfilling ways to spend one's time.

We need a 1/72 Hercules, E & H models first, don’t worry about the girly J model. :)

Japan flies them, come on Tamiya !

🙃

Roll on Tamiya.

Particularly disapointed with the panel lines on the AMK F-14D kit being very comparable to the Mig-31.

To me this means they are way to heavy to use the wings on a Tamiya kit as there will be a massive mismatch in panel line depth and size.

I mght wing swap the HB kit and the TA kit wings as they are far more comarable in depth etc than side by side with the Mg-31 as from all the photos the F-14 look almost identical.

Thanks to Tamiya will be taking a big suitcase to Tokyo when the D is released.

3 hours ago, slawomir.dusza said:

...and P-47N in 1:48, please!

The P-47N spine is in the P-47M box. Wondering why P-47N was not released since 2005! 

The strange ways Tamiya works. 

1 minute ago, stalal said:

The P-47N spine is in the P-47M box. Wondering why P-47N was not released since 2005! 

The strange ways Tamiya works. 

A P-47N would require a new wing sprue, and possibly new cockpit IP.

22 hours ago, dehowie said:

Roll on Tamiya.

Particularly disapointed with the panel lines on the AMK F-14D kit being very comparable to the Mig-31.

To me this means they are way to heavy to use the wings on a Tamiya kit as there will be a massive mismatch in panel line depth and size.

I mght wing swap the HB kit and the TA kit wings as they are far more comarable in depth etc than side by side with the Mg-31 as from all the photos the F-14 look almost identical.

Thanks to Tamiya will be taking a big suitcase to Tokyo when the D is released.

Maybe you could offload some pax. for more room ..   :-)

Edited by a4s4eva
7 hours ago, a4s4eva said:

Maybe you could offload some pax. for more room ..   :-)

Maybe hire them to carry more F-14’s home.

Quite a few shops here in Australia are definitely using big mark ups on some new kits.

The F-14A in some places is almost double the Japanese price.

No wonder some many people are going direct..

On 4/24/2018 at 3:04 PM, gtypecanare said:

I'm hoping the Atlantic is a VF-213 last tomcat cruise line jet. AJ204 would be an obvious option. I also like AJ206 with the FS35237 replacement panels on the spine and wing sweep.

9 minutes ago, Swordsman422 said:

I'm hoping the Atlantic is a VF-213 last tomcat cruise line jet. AJ204 would be an obvious option. I also like AJ206 with the FS35237 replacement panels on the spine and wing sweep.

We will see in 13 days what the markings will be so stay tune!

Edited by gtypecanare
typo
10 minutes ago, Swordsman422 said:

You fella's sure get worked up over decals! It's almost as if there is no aftermarket available.

12 hours ago, dehowie said:

Maybe hire them to carry more F-14’s home.

Quite a few shops here in Australia are definitely using big mark ups on some new kits.

The F-14A in some places is almost double the Japanese price.

No wonder some many people are going direct..

Tomcat Mule?

31 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

You fella's sure get worked up over decals! It's almost as if there is no aftermarket available.

For these two particular options there is for the first the OOP Fightertown sheet and for the second nothing. I can't say I blame people for hoping kit decals cover subjects NOT available in AM.

We've (Fightertown Decals) have done quite a lot of the F-14D, and there's a lot that'll fit on other than the Hasegawa kit. But don't worry, have big D plans for both Tamiya and AMK. ITMT, we've covered several timeframes of 

VF-31 OEF/OIF/OIFIII/Last Crusie

VF-213 OIFIII/Last Tomcat Cruise

VF-2 OIF Last Tomcat Cruise

VX-9

VX-30

NAWC

STRIKE TEST

I imagine a Big D sheet to include a 'greatest hits' resized and some new jets the thavent been covered.  

-brian