Great catch and  question ...I looked and It follows the panel lines on the kit part in front of the windscreen Maybe they sheet is not 100% complete or they expect you to paint it. Along with that I was wondering why they dont give you blue decals for the Vertical Stabs...Gotta wonder..Maybe they have a color coming out and then they have another sale....

3 hours ago, Swordsman422 said:

15 specifically D-model Tomcats. Part of a larger group of 64 total F-14s of all types. That I have decals for, anyway.

That's more like it. Gotta support our amazing decal producers some how!

I blew up the photos as much as possible and can see a hint of tail stiffeners. where you ask ALL New Tails with Stiffeners molded on😍. The L shapes at the top left of the D specific parts tree is for the HUD,. 

5 minutes ago, viper730 said:

I blew up the photos as much as possible and can see a hint of tail stiffeners. where you ask ALL New Tails with Stiffeners molded on😍. The L shapes at the top left of the D specific parts tree is for the HUD,. 

There are other pictures in this thread that clearly show the tail stiffeners, no need to blow them up. 

4 hours ago, Swordsman422 said:

It'll probably street for ~$85-$90.

Maybe not, the F-14A was that price, this one has an elaborate weapons sprue, I’m hoping though to find them at that price. Probably out of Asia.

13 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

Information for the US market only.

Tentative release date: August 20th, 2018

MSRP: $124.00

**Please note this information is subject to change**

Cough........Lets hope for a better street price eh?

8 hours ago, Scooby said:

Maybe not, the F-14A was that price, this one has an elaborate weapons sprue, I’m hoping though to find them at that price. Probably out of Asia.

I think the F-14A MSRP was like $115 US or so but it hit the street at about $80 if you order from Japan.

We'll see. I'm buying anyway. Street price will determine how frequently.

One thing’s for sure: the new kit will come with some good spare parts! Looks like the modeler will be left with early style pilots (can’t get enough of those), first-generation wheels, early Sidewinder rails, ordnance, etc.

Someone out there has to have more photos!

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah but at that price what are you paying shipping wise? $20-25?

Don't hit me, but I go through hobby ebay stores for kits (and kits only. Sprue Brothers for AM. Decals from the maker. Brick and mortar HS for paints, etc). Shipping is free at a lot of those based in Japan. Even Horizon does free shipping from their ebay store sometimes. Sure, it won't arrive tomorrow but I ain't in a hurry.

Edited by Swordsman422
18 minutes ago, andrew.deboer said:

One thing’s for sure: the new kit will come with some good spare parts! Looks like the modeler will be left with early style pilots (can’t get enough of those), first-generation wheels, early Sidewinder rails, ordnance, etc.

Someone out there has to have more photos!

They probably included the original pilot bodies because the SV-2B/LPU-21 combo was still in use up until the early 2000s when these were replaced by the CMU-33/LPU-33 set. The old body is appropriate for the VF-11 option.

1 hour ago, Swordsman422 said:

They probably included the original pilot bodies because the SV-2B/LPU-21 combo was still in use up until the early 2000s when these were replaced by the CMU-33/LPU-33 set. The old body is appropriate for the VF-11 option.

Four people will see the difference in the bodies and give a crap, but you can’t get too many HGU-33 equipped heads!

1 hour ago, andrew.deboer said:

Four people will see the difference in the bodies and give a crap, but you can’t get too many HGU-33 equipped heads!

Being as much an ASE geek as I am a model geek, I'm in that population of four so I am glad that they did it. And most of my builds are post-HGU-33. But it is a good looking helmet and getting -33 heads with the MBU-14 mask with enough detail to tell the difference in this scale is very nice. You can probably add 2 more people to the group who cares at about accurate helmets.

Edited by Swordsman422
14 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Someone should grab the Tamiya Tomcat from their booth and do a “flyby” with it at the AMK booth while making jet engine noises just to rub it in. 😂

Mark

LMAO!!!!!!!