42 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Actually, that slot is going the opposite direction of the Tamiya parts. Hmmm.

Right that one pulls your eye directly to it. so now I want you to look below the large one you'll see the 2 horizontal ones as Tamiya has depicted. the vertical one is just the vent with a shadow making it llook larger...or I should say air inlet...

Edited by viper730
4 hours ago, viper730 said:

Right that one pulls your eye directly to it. so now I want you to look below the large one you'll see the 2 horizontal ones as Tamiya has depicted. the vertical one is just the vent with a shadow making it llook larger...or I should say air inlet...

EB504AFC-84E1-4636-BD9C-ED5136B3B606_zps

6 hours ago, viper730 said:

Got it. I didn't think about the NACA vent there.

Hope someone in the US will pick up the Tamiya Lacquer line. Looks interesting and I have always liked the way lacquers, in general, airbrush.

Edited by Mstor
46 minutes ago, shion said:

35735954_1749768435105269_54684344080274So we've got:

LP-34 Light Grey, FS16440

LP-35 Insignia White, FS17875

LP-36 Dark Ghost Grey FS36320

LP-37 Light Ghost Grey FS36375

I would love to try those. I still don’t know why the standard XF acrylic line doesn’t include the ghost grays or other FS colors, though...

...and no, helpful folks - I don’t need a primer on paint types or terminology.  🙂

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

It will be interesting to see if they have anything to offer that's better than Mr. Color or Mr. Paint. Those two paint lines are fantastic.

I have sprayed all three, all are fantastic. I don’t notice a difference between Tamiya and Mr Color is viscosity and use. They handle the same.

13 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

I still don’t know why the standard XF acrylic line doesn’t include the ghost grays or other FS colors, though...

Couldn't agree more!

17 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

I would love to try those. I still don’t know why the standard XF acrylic line doesn’t include the ghost grays or other FS colors, though...

...and no, helpful folks - I don’t need a primer on paint types or terminology.  🙂

Because they didn't care.

The XF range was made for the Tamiya Military Series, where most of models are German Tanks.

So they made RAL paints and classics.

They made later sports cars brand color paints and FS colors but in spraycan.

And in fact, Mr Color range is better, larger and cheaper.

Combine these with Gaia paints and thinners, and you've got the best paint for aviation model kits.

3 hours ago, shion said:

Because they didn't care.

The XF range was made for the Tamiya Military Series, where most of models are German Tanks.

So they made RAL paints and classics.

They made later sports cars brand color paints and FS colors but in spraycan.

And in fact, Mr Color range is better, larger and cheaper.

Combine these with Gaia paints and thinners, and you've got the best paint for aviation model kits.

What exactly are the Gaia series of Paints and why would I want them?

4 hours ago, shion said:

I’m glad those brands are good, but none of them are available at my LHS. My point is that if Tamiya looks at how many shops stock their paint, it might make sense for them to expand the range. 

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

What exactly are the Gaia series of Paints and why would I want them?

Gaia Paints is a japanese brand.

They do lacquer paints, have very broad choice, no FS but a lot of useful colors.

And cheaper alternatives of Mr Leveling Color thinner.