That indeed is another subtle difference between the D and other variants... but I'd almost be afraid that even a vinyl patch would be overscale. I'll shoot you some detailed pics via PM when I have a moment.

We are awaiting the safety testing be completed with all the announced colors in order to relabel for the  US market.  It’s not  California, but Federal.  Consumer Product Safety Commision.

Edited by gtypecanare
Grammer
On 7/12/2018 at 11:50 PM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Good to know. I had always agreed with this. But friends at -31 had said on a few occasions that that was the reason for going black. I remember when VF-11 first got NVGs and they had a few issues getting the NVG lights settings correct. 

It’s always tricky, I implemented new NVGs on several aircraft types, often it was the new panels that were faulty manufacture, with light leakage.

Nice to see Tammy doing Lacquers. These are my go to paints with Mr.Color being the ones I use. I think the recent rise in the popularity of lacquers is perhaps one of the reasons Tamiya has come out with their new line.

11 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Well I see my local hobby store is now carrying them (or so I have been told) so I might as well give them a try. Love the Gull grey over white scheme and will try it on my A.

I’ve bought them, I’m not sure if release #3 has hit our shelves.

39 minutes ago, Scooby said:

I’ve bought them, I’m not sure if release #3 has hit our shelves.

What is release #3? Do they have the Gull grey colour and white bottles? Spoke to Comex and they said they will not be getting them.

19 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

What is release #3? Do they have the Gull grey colour and white bottles? Spoke to Comex and they said they will not be getting them.

Release three has those colors in them, they released them in three bunches.

They are at Hobby Wholesale ( not release 3), I know Comex will never get them. He doesn’t feel he has room for any additional pain racks. I asked in the past for Mr Color.

Hi...Has anybody heard anything about upcoming Eduard and other add on stuff for the Tamiya -D? Wheels are needed, a cockpit maybe and I am tempted to say exaust nozzles since those are rather simplified in the Tamiya kit.

thanks

Uwe

I'm sure there will be the standard slew of stuff. Eduard PE, seats, wheels and cockpit. Aires will probably re-release their cockpit but branded for Tamiya. (I'm going to fit the Hasegawa labeled cockpit that's been in the stash for years next week). I'd expect them to re-release their GE exhausts as well. 

Would love to see some great exhausts like Shull24s final round - maybe KA models. Their F-14A exhausts are best I've ever seen. 

Fighterown Decals has 2 B/D specific sheets at print. I've also got a combined Test sheet with 8 Test Tomcats on it and a new Tamiya specific Data/Weapons sheet that will follow. 

Brian

5 hours ago, anj4de said:

Hi...Has anybody heard anything about upcoming Eduard and other add on stuff for the Tamiya -D? Wheels are needed, a cockpit maybe and I am tempted to say exaust nozzles since those are rather simplified in the Tamiya kit.

thanks

Uwe

Are the wheels that bad in the kit? I know the nozzles looked simplified. I'm going to do a B conversion, but it won't be that extensive. It will essentially be instrument panels, ECM blisters, and TCS pod. I'm also going to a vinyl RAM panel for the glove shoulder. If you want a more detailed B, you can get the SB ECM blisters that are already out, a resin A/B cockpit, and the Quickboost or SB TCS pod and you've got yourself a B. I may also try casting the A shrouds and nozzles so you can do a late A. The D release is a lot easier to get to a late A/B then the earlier A release. That one is good for backdating, though.

Edited by Darren Roberts

Hi Darren

The wheels are not bad but the tyres lack all the nice markers names that the resin guys have on theirs...I have already used Eduard wheels on my -A. The Tamiya wheels could be used on an old Monogram in stead...

cheers

Uwe

Edited by anj4de
1 hour ago, anj4de said:

Hi Darren

The wheels are not bad but the tyres lack all the nice markers names that the resin guys have on theirs...I have already used Eduard wheels on my -A. The Tamiya wheels could be used on an old Monogram in stead...

cheers

Uwe

That sounds like a good plan. I used the Tamiya wheels on a Monogram kit and it made the Monogram kit look really good. It's amazing what a good set of wheels and seats can do to make an average model look much better.

4 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I'm sure there will be the standard slew of stuff. Eduard PE, seats, wheels and cockpit. Aires will probably re-release their cockpit but branded for Tamiya. (I'm going to fit the Hasegawa labeled cockpit that's been in the stash for years next week). I'd expect them to re-release their GE exhausts as well. 

Would love to see some great exhausts like Shull24s final round - maybe KA models. Their F-14A exhausts are best I've ever seen. 

Fighterown Decals has 2 B/D specific sheets at print. I've also got a combined Test sheet with 8 Test Tomcats on it and a new Tamiya specific Data/Weapons sheet that will follow. 

Brian

8 Test Tomcats!!!!!!!   Bring it on.