13 hours ago, Timvkampen said:

Received my F-14D today...it is simply stunning! Beautiful engineering...upscale now in 2019 🙂

^

this. since the A had been released i've been dreaming of a proper kitty in 32nd from tamiya instead of the variants in 48th for the tomcats available in the market in 32 are either pretty long in teeth or are simply ain't tomcats.

Just finished Tamiya’s F-14A .. brilliant kit and no question another Tamiya gem. I posted a few photographs of my Tomcat in the Display Case Forum and am eagerly looking forward to building the Super Tomcat. Of course, starting to look at AM options as that’s just part of the fun - mainly decals.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Having almost finished the cockpit on this, what I am enjoying most (having never built a Tamiya kit before) is that I can spend my time painting the parts nicely because I know there won't be hours test fitting or sanding and filling.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:02 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Who would you file the claim with? USPS or Hong Kong/China Post?

A bit delayed response... typically Postal organisations should record packages' status as these enter the country of destination.

It is advised that as soon as you see your package in bad shape, you open it in front of the post office employee and report any damages. Then, it's a matter of claiming from the post office the value of the damaged item. Please check with your local post office the regulation re the coverage process, amounts etc.

Hope this helps.

Instead of going through all this bureaucracy and trying to determine who is responsible, you can sell individual undamaged sprues on ebay. You should be able to more than recover the price you paid. Before this, Lucky model should be able to help you get the damaged sprues. The damage after all was not done by you. 

34 minutes ago, juanchopancho said:

$99 for a 1/48 kit?

You forgot about the hundreds of dollars of aftermarket you will be able to sink into it. But in fairness, I'm sure you can build a pretty nice kit OOB. Decals may be a must.

On July 23, 2018 at 4:19 PM, Timvkampen said:

Received my F-14D today...it is simply stunning! Beautiful engineering...upscale now in 2019 🙂

Omg, could you imagine that kit 1/32? I would go broke.

I'm curious, when people complain about the price, what do you think it should cost? 

I remember when the Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18 came out, it was $80 in 1993ish. 

I think the $70-100 range for the Tamiya is a pretty good value. 

12 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I'm curious, when people complain about the price, what do you think it should cost? 

My limit is 3 digits. Never bought anything more than $100. However, I have models cost me ~$200 with the aftermarkets I buried in them. (For 1/48)

31 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I sure do! But the dollar was weak at that time also.

1 hour ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I remember that. They sat on hobby shop shelves and collected dust. No one could believe a kit cost that much. I agree that the $70-100 range is a good value for what you get. BTW, I've been looking at the parts included in the D. All I need to cast is three parts (both IP's and the front coaming), and a B conversion is ready to go. All the other parts are contained in the D kit. I could even get adventurous and cast the associated A engine parts for a late A conversion.  

5 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I remember that. They sat on hobby shop shelves and collected dust. No one could believe a kit cost that much. I agree that the $70-100 range is a good value for what you get. BTW, I've been looking at the parts included in the D. All I need to cast is three parts (both IP's and the front coaming), and a B conversion is ready to go. All the other parts are contained in the D kit. I could even get adventurous and cast the associated A engine parts for a late A conversion.  

Wait, there's an A/B model TCS pod is in the D kit as well?