38 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I was looking at instruction sheets. The D sprue gives you the tails, the J/L sprue is the clear TID/PTID parts, and the M/N contains the left front gear door with the ECM blister. What else does the M/N sprue contain?

Have you been drinking? You're looking at the instruction sheet, but are still asking what sprue M/N contains? 😄😄😄 

1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

Have you been drinking? You're looking at the instruction sheet, but are still asking what sprue M/N contains? 😄😄😄 

It depends on what you mean by drinking. I've had a Dr. Pepper, but I stopped at one. When I get two in me, look out! 😊

I didn't see a picture of the entire sprue. I was glancing at the step by step to what parts were on the M/N sprues. Since it was just a browse, I wanted to see what else was on there. 

1 hour ago, Gabe Pincelli said:

M/N also has both TID and PTID RIO IPs, side consoles with TARPS and LANTIRN controls, TARPS Pod, NACA gun vent, Sparrow recess filler pieces, and wing glove ECM antenna fairings.

So essentially with the extra sprues, you can get the tails with the later brace, TARPS pod, and NACA vent to upgrade your A kit. That will give you a pre-Block 115 jet. To do a post Block 115 jet, you'll need to source the tail ECM blister (Quickboost), shoulder ECM blisters (Steel Beach) and the TCS pod (Quickboost or Steel Beach), if it had the TCS pod. 

5 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

So essentially with the extra sprues, you can get the tails with the later brace, TARPS pod, and NACA vent to upgrade your A kit. That will give you a pre-Block 115 jet. To do a post Block 115 jet, you'll need to source the tail ECM blister (Quickboost), shoulder ECM blisters (Steel Beach) and the TCS pod (Quickboost or Steel Beach), if it had the TCS pod. 

Yeeeessss!!!!!!!!!!!! Still get to keep you in business buddy!

6 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 hours ago, viper730 said:

So If you got all these plus the P/Q, aftermarket Shoulder ECM's, TCS and theTail ECM could you make a B?

You need the front glare shield and instrument panel as well as seats from the A. If you wait just a bit, Steel Beach will have a B conversion for the D kit that will have everything in it. 

This question might have been asked here before but I wanted to know if there any after market decal options for D version Tomcat?

I have checked Furball and Fightertown websites and they seem to have a lot of options for A but not D.

I have 2 D(mostly)/B sheets coming out very shortly - 1 High-Viz, 1 Low-Viz. And a new Data/Weapons sheet fit to the Tamiya kit. I'd post the sheets but PB doesn't work anymore and I don't have another photo account to link from. Check out the Facebook page for sheet profiles. 

Fightertown Decals

And if you look back through the catalogue (not on the website. You'd have to go to sprue either sir luckymodel and look it up) - we made tons of D specific decals. Most will fit well enough on the Tamiya kit - VF-2, 31, 213, VX-9, NAWCDC, STRIKE, VX-4, Sunset...

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals
On 9/14/2018 at 8:03 PM, gtypecanare said:

Hey Tomcat Nation.

These items will be available soon for the US market.

9006683-D Parts

9116089-J/L Parts

9116087 M/N Parts 

And for all non-hardcore fans of the F-14, what are they good for?

I have an eye on the f-14D kit, but I am a real noob on this aircraft.

Thomas

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

And for all non-hardcore fans of the F-14, what are they good for?

I have an eye on the f-14D kit, but I am a real noob on this aircraft.

Thomas

For those that know what they are doing, with those sprues one could build a "B" version from an "A" kit or, I guess, convert an "A" to a "D" version, if you have an "A" kit and didn't want to spend the money for the full "D" kit.

What will be needed to make the existing Tamiya A into a late A?

- Sprue D gives you the vertical stabs with the new braces (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts2.shtml)

- Sprue J/L are the clear parts for the TARPS and D cockpit (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts2.shtml)

- Sprue M/N gets you the NACA vents and the boat tail with ECM (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts3.shtml)

It looks to me that for a late A, the TCS chin pod (quickboost)and the ECM bumps under the glove vane (steel beach) are the only items that are missing, correct? 

9 minutes ago, Janissary said:

What will be needed to make the existing Tamiya A into a late A?

- Sprue D gives you the vertical stabs with the new braces (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts2.shtml)

- Sprue J/L are the clear parts for the TARPS and D cockpit (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts2.shtml)

- Sprue M/N gets you the NACA vents and the boat tail with ECM (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts3.shtml)

It looks to me that for a late A, the TCS chin pod (quickboost)and the ECM bumps under the glove vane (steel beach) are the only items that are missing, correct? 

That's correct, except for late wheels.  If they release Sprues P/Q as well, we would have the wheels.  

3 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I have 2 D(mostly)/B sheets coming out very shortly - 1 High-Viz, 1 Low-Viz. And a new Data/Weapons sheet fit to the Tamiya kit. I'd post the sheets but PB doesn't work anymore and I don't have another photo account to link from. Check out the Facebook page for sheet profiles. 

Fightertown Decals

And if you look back through the catalogue (not on the website. You'd have to go to sprue either sir luckymodel and look it up) - we made tons of D specific decals. Most will fit well enough on the Tamiya kit - VF-2, 31, 213, VX-9, NAWCDC, STRIKE, VX-4, Sunset...

Great Brian! Any chance to let us know what markings will be on those 2 sheets? I can't find them on your FB page.