1 hour ago, Janissary said:

What will be needed to make the existing Tamiya A into a late A?

- Sprue D gives you the vertical stabs with the new braces (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts2.shtml)

- Sprue J/L are the clear parts for the TARPS and D cockpit (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts2.shtml)

- Sprue M/N gets you the NACA vents and the boat tail with ECM (https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61118_parts3.shtml)

It looks to me that for a late A, the TCS chin pod (quickboost)and the ECM bumps under the glove vane (steel beach) are the only items that are missing, correct? 

I think you still need the front glare shield.

55 minutes ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

I just called Tamiya in the U.S. and they did not have any of the spriues mentioned. 

George literally stated 4 days ago that they would be available soon. I do not believe he meant that soon. Give it a some time as I believe they are still on the way to the US.

2 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

George literally stated 4 days ago that they would be available soon. I do not believe he meant that soon. Give it a some time as I believe they are still on the way to the US.

He actually said they were outside in a shipping container. So they could be close.

2 hours ago, Janissary said:

Same questions as John, what is the difference between early vs late A glare shield? I hope the difference is reproducible with milliput and measly scratch-building skillz.

Sorry about that. I misread your post. I had D on the brain. The glare shield is fine. However, you'll still need the left front gear door for a late A. I'm not sure what sprue that's on.

Edited by Darren Roberts
9 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Sorry about that. I misread your post. I had D on the brain. The glare shield is fine. However, you'll still need the left front gear door for a late A. I'm not sure what sprue that's on.

The gear door is on the M/N sprue, so you're good to go there.

1 hour ago, Janissary said:

Wow. This basically means I can build a late A now! I already got one TCS pod from QB once, so can get it again, and I think I can manage to make the glove vane ECM bumps (or copy from the Hasegawa kit). Didn't realize how close we are to a late A. 

Here you go.

ECM blisters

8 hours ago, EagleAviation said:

Great Brian! Any chance to let us know what markings will be on those 2 sheets? I can't find them on your FB page. 

The weapons/data sheet is posted and so are the covers with profiles for both sheets on the fb page. 3rd 4th and 6th post down. I'd link it but I'm on my phone and it won't hyperlink the page for some reason ...

9 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

The weapons/data sheet is posted and so are the covers with profiles for both sheets on the fb page. 3rd 4th and 6th post down. I'd link it but I'm on my phone and it won't hyperlink the page for some reason ...

Thank you, Brian, will go through it 

On 9/14/2018 at 1:03 PM, gtypecanare said:

Hey Tomcat Nation.

These items will be available soon for the US market.

9006683-D Parts

9116089-J/L Parts

9116087 M/N Parts 

Just placed my order for 3 of ea. total was 50.00 shipped to the house Rep told me they had just arrived yesterday....

Thank You George and now time to get to work on the P/Q Trees....

Cheers

Just off the phone with them.  $17.00 for N/M and D tree.  Should ship and arrive in about a week.  So after my training command Skyhawk is finished, time to build that middle aged VX-23 F-14A 220 with orange tails/wings!!

Appreciate Devon taking my call at Tamiya USA.  1-800-826-4922 Monday-Friday (8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST

Cheers

Collin

• 2 weeks later...