4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Decal options are VF-2 , VF-11 , VF-101, VF-213 .

Perfect!  Looks like some great choices out of the box. I’m curious if the blue hood on the VF-213 option is a decal (EDIT: it is a decal- I see that now in the Sprue shot, top right corner).  Either way, this kit looks great! 👍

Edited by Falconxlvi

Great...will get one for sure! Might even use (again) the kit decals, that VF-2 bird looks very good! Does anybody know if this particualar aircraft was one of the "all black" cockpit ones?

thanks

Uwe

16 hours ago, dsahling said:

Looks very nice!  Anyone know anything about them upscaling this to 1/32 scale?  Since I just bought the old kit and a whole bunch of aftermarket items you know that will be the case.  🙂

No word but I doubt they can upscale this unless this 1/48 kit was itself a downscaled version of a larger more detailed CAD model.

GBU's Tarps Pod AN/AAQ 225 Targeting Pod It has the Bomb Racks 4 Decal options.Red Ripper Logo?  Yes to above? the Blue for the Nose and Canopy Surround are there but not for the Vertical Stab's. I also see they nave included some black stripes for the GE Exhaust. NICE! also for the exhaust the have a decal for the surround.Less to mask...Way Cool. Anyone see Tails with Stiffeners? I hope it's included...That would be the only thing to dampen my enthusiasm.... 

Quick observations:

1. The stiffeners for the tail is included.
  2. The RIO reinforcement panel is achieved by a ultra thin sticker similar to the armor plate found Focke-Wulf Fw190 A-8/A-8 R2.
  3. On the same sheet is the TCS reflector.
  4. Intake truck mask included.

1 hour ago, shion said:

Tail stiffeners are provided as separate pieces.

They're on the new sprue with the TCS.

Any pics you can upload and show?  I wonder how thick it is if it isn’t moulded onto the tail.  

15 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

Any pics you can upload and show?  I wonder how thick it is if it isn’t moulded onto the tail.  

Just look the first pic:

32105685_10156431525137276_3627953222754

Sprue in the bottom and the right with the F-14D specifics.

Look at the top left, two little pieces and just at the right, two pieces with a distinctive L form. 

10 minutes ago, shion said:

Just look the first pic:

32105685_10156431525137276_3627953222754

Sprue in the bottom and the right with the F-14D specifics.

Look at the top left, two little pieces and just at the right, two pieces with a distinctive L form. 

Ok, I see it now.  I was looking at the pics on my mobile phone before- too small!  Thanks.  

Love the box art:thumbsup:. I'll probably use the kit decals for two of the kits I plan on picking up as I like the paint schemes. Looks like lots of kit to enjoy plus some additional improvements from their 'A' Tomcat. Looking good!

Same here on the Box Art. I'll pick the best undamaged box and cut it out and hang in on the Wall!!! I wish they would do like GWH who use to put a print in the box. I though t that was a nice bit of Lagniappe.

1 hour ago, Swordsman422 said:

Definitely will build the VF-213 and VF-11 options. I have 15 Tomcat Ds planned so nice that the kit has a couple of subjects I want to build.

15?! That's it? I've got a binder full of decal sheets that would probably add up to around 40 that I want to do lol!

From the photos, it’s fantastic. If I replace one thing with aftermarket parts it will be the engine nozzles. Tamiya have done their best with the F110 exhausts, but you just can’t capture the full-open nozzle as a one-piece injection molded part. 

August 20, did they say???

45 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

15?! That's it? I've got a binder full of decal sheets that would probably add up to around 40 that I want to do lol!

15 specifically D-model Tomcats. Part of a larger group of 64 total F-14s of all types. That I have decals for, anyway.