5 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I'm sure there will be the standard slew of stuff. Eduard PE, seats, wheels and cockpit. Aires will probably re-release their cockpit but branded for Tamiya. (I'm going to fit the Hasegawa labeled cockpit that's been in the stash for years next week). I'd expect them to re-release their GE exhausts as well. 

Would love to see some great exhausts like Shull24s final round - maybe KA models. Their F-14A exhausts are best I've ever seen. 

Fighterown Decals has 2 B/D specific sheets at print. I've also got a combined Test sheet with 8 Test Tomcats on it and a new Tamiya specific Data/Weapons sheet that will follow. 

Brian

Awesome!  Test birds. Let’s continue that trend toward orange and grey/white A-6’s, Harriers, A-4’s!!!!!

Cheers

Collin

5 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Fighterown Decals has 2 B/D specific sheets at print. I've also got a combined Test sheet with 8 Test Tomcats on it and a new Tamiya specific Data/Weapons sheet that will follow. 

Brian

Hi, Brian.

Will there be any of the prototypes on that combined Test sheet? I have the Steel Beach conversion set to build one of those with the high fences on the back. As far as I know, there are no decals for one of them.

Cheers, Stefan.

How joy can be dampened so quickly. My (not so)Lucky Model order arrived Friday. The box was in decent shape just a bit of Minor crushing on the top but wow The contents of the kit were crunched....Canopy Cracked, rear upper fuselage support beams broken and it was cracked where the exhaust shrouds attach ,exhaust tubes were cracked. Exhaust nozzle bent up, intake trunk inserts broken. As it is kit is unbuildable. Email was sent my only hope is that Lucky Model can help me out....say can a grown a$$ man still cry...LOL

mZheasQ.jpg

nDpcwEm.jpg

KDndnk0.jpg

aflUKSu.jpg

ulvqGjT.jpg

Edited by viper730
Just now, viper730 said:

How joy can be dampened so quickly. My (not so)Lucky Model order arrived Friday. The box was in decent shape just a bit of Minor crushing on the top but wow The contents of the kit were crunched....Canopy Cracked, rear upper fuselage support beams broken and it was cracked where the exhaust shrouds attach ,exhaust tubes were cracked. Exhaust nozzle bent up, intake trunk inserts broken. As it is kit is unbuildable. Email was sent my only hope is that Lucky Model can help me out....say can a grown a$$ man still cry...LOL

Wow! I've never seen a kit in that bad of shape with the box showing little to no damage.

3 minutes ago, viper730 said:

Well, it is the first time we learn TAMIYA kit with damage inside without exterior damage. Ok, no problem. send the parts request and we can send the part to you from our stock and we try to claim from Japan.

3 minutes ago, viper730 said:

Just now, Raymond Chung said:

Well, it is the first time we learn TAMIYA kit with damage inside without exterior damage. Ok, no problem. send the parts request and we can send the part to you from our stock and we try to claim from Japan.

Hi Raymond Thank You I sent it last night. I am about to go through the kit a 3rd time to check for additional parts. And will advise. This in no way is a knock on Lucky Model at All You have always provided OUTSTANDING Customer Service. 

21 minutes ago, viper730 said:

mZheasQ.jpg

nDpcwEm.jpg

KDndnk0.jpg

aflUKSu.jpg

ulvqGjT.jpg

From the picture above and my experience in production, it has the chance the parts are damaged during the internal transit from injection floor to the boxing line. Where the packer has not notice the parts are crushed inside the Work-In-Progress carton box.  The packer may not notice the parts are crushed before boxing. (QC is done before the carton box boxing).

For the part damage like this from shipping to you, the external box should be crushed and dan with a hole already. 

Edited by Raymond Chung
32 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

From the picture above and my experience in production, it has the chance the parts are damaged during the internal transit from injection floor to the boxing line. Where the packer has not notice the parts are crushed inside the Work-In-Progress carton box.  The packer may not notice the parts are crushed before boxing. (QC is done before the carton box boxing).

For the part damage like this from shipping to you, the external box should be crushed and dan with a hole already. 

Could have been...Here are the boxes... Looks like nothing serious but whatever it was must have been pretty heavy cause the damage was severe..

Thanks Again for your Help

BMC1lUX.jpg

PLk5NN4.jpg

JYmhtpW.jpg

mJ3pYwu.jpg

Looks like something heavy was dropped on the box and crushed the kit. Either way I feel for you man as that's really disappointing. Good luck! I'm sure it will get taken care of.

Regards.

That’s shipping damage.   What you don’t see is the initial impact to the box.  The residual appears may look like it’s not much but the impact force penetrated through.  Time to file a freight claim with the carrier.  I see this on a daily basis.

8 hours ago, viper730 said:

Could have been...Here are the boxes... Looks like nothing serious but whatever it was must have been pretty heavy cause the damage was severe..

BMC1lUX.jpg

PLk5NN4.jpg

JYmhtpW.jpg

mJ3pYwu.jpg

My boxes were damaged too, both the shipping box and the Tamiya box, first time I have experienced that, I haven’t looked over the kit closely yet. It arrived Friday and I left on a little trip. Back Sunday and will look the kit over closely then.

9 hours ago, viper730 said:

BMC1lUX.jpg

PLk5NN4.jpg

JYmhtpW.jpg

mJ3pYwu.jpg

That's too bad. No doubt it's shipping damage. Just look at those creases on the packaging box, it shouldn't be that many. And with that magnitude of damage on the parts inside, it's just impossible to get past the eyes of the Tamiya personnel.

Edited by flybywire

Mine arrived on Friday and boy this is a nice kit, it practically falls together. I have never built a Tamiya kit before and having so far glued the wings, tails ect, they live up to the hype.

Any tips on how to ensure a nice join between the front and rear fuselage? That seems like a rather tricky are which could result in a nasty step if test fitting is anything to go by.

Edited by Alternative 4
Spelling
1 minute ago, Alternative 4 said:

Any tips on how to ensure a nice join between the front and rear fuselage? That seems like a rather tricky are which could result in a nasty step if test fitting is anything to go by.

It's supposed to have a step DO NOT make it flat!!!! 

Sweet, I'm gonna have a look through the in progress forum for some ideas and hope it goes as smoothly as your experience. I feel with a kit this I am going to be the problem not the model.

The hardest part so far was finding a screw driver small enough for those wing mechanism screws!

While assembling some of the parts, I realized there are two LANTIRN pods in the kit, but only one can be built. Part of the seeker head is on the clear sprue and only one is included. Just a heads up.

It would be nice if Tamiya did something similar to the F-16C/N boxing with the F-14.

Edited by Dave Roof
1 hour ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I would expect to see a combo late A/B in about 18 months;)....

brian

Agreed.  That seems to be Tamiya’s MO.  Wet people’s appetite with a version that is not the most desired, then release a version that satisfies the masses a little more, then finally releasing the version everyone wants.