I have a question on the markings.  Would the full color Hi-viz VF-2 markings have been gloss?  If so, how would you go about keeping the gloss finish over the decals vs the flat camo paint background?  Or just flat coat everything and don't worry about it?

Rick L.

Very carefully 😉 

A lot of the gloss paints used on CAG jets are semi-gloss at best once they go to sea. It's easier to keep clean so it may not look as weathered but in my experience very little additional attention is given to cleaning CAG jets. All the jets at sea are treated the same. 

17 hours ago, stalal said:

Once I bought a Tamiya kit at an incredibly cheap price from a Japanese seller on Amazon. It never arrived. Other than books, Amazon hasnt been a trustworthy place in my experience. 

Unfortunately, the same is true for books also. I had bought two books and I paid for shipping the same amount the books costed and I got the books after a month!!!

Edited by SERNAK
5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Dude,

Is it too much to ask for you to post a link to the specific shop?

Probably this one:

http://posthobby.com/shop/atsugi/

The only Hobby Shop I know of in Atsugi, but then again I just moved to the area. Visited for the first time on Sunday, and they had stacks of F-14Ds for 6880¥. I'm pretty sure they don't do mail order, though.

Hoops

23 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Probably this one:

http://posthobby.com/shop/atsugi/

The only Hobby Shop I know of in Atsugi, but then again I just moved to the area. Visited for the first time on Sunday, and they had stacks of F-14Ds for 6880¥. I'm pretty sure they don't do mail order, though.

Hoops

Actually, at the bottom of the page you linked there are links to their web shop on Twitter and their Amazon and Yahoo webstores. I checked the Amazon one and they don't have the Tamiya F-14D listed. The Yahoo one has the F-14A listed, but not the D. All are entirely in Japanese, so I haven't a clue how one would go about ordering.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:35 PM, Hoops said:

Post Hobby in the Aeon Tower?

That’s the one! 6880 yen....with tax it was 7400 something yen. Note to self, come in with the tourist passport next time to save tax.

Edited by fulcrum1
2 hours ago, Swordsman422 said:

I am building the F-14D as a VF-11 line jet from 1996. Would this jet have had the GPS antenna on the spine? The instructions call for it on all options but I'm not sure this is true.

No this aircraft would not have the GPS dome, LANTIRN pod, or the LANTIRN control stick in the RIO port side console. The round TID display would be present in the rear cockpit as well.

I ordered a hasegawa super hornet from them using economy air and that was 3

weeks ago. still waiting

i paid something  like 13 bucks more for air shipping for my Tamiya F-14d from hobby link and I got it 5 days later. I got it on a Sunday which here in Canada is unusual. HL has great packaging. Not a scratch or crease on the box.

Edited by Launch
4 hours ago, Launch said:

I ordered a hasegawa super hornet from them using economy air and that was 3

weeks ago. still waiting 

2 hours ago, flanker27 said:

Now you are making me worried

They state in their ordering info that Economy shipping can take up to 31 days to be delivered. It is a lower priority shipping method. May sit at the airport for a while before it gets shipped.