Let’s see if this works trying to use my Twitter account to post images.

Recently finished this for a hobby retailer show this past September from the test shot we were sent in July.  

We will be showing it at OrangeCon this upcoming weekend at California State University Fullerton.

DpMNngpV4AAv4ia?format=jpg&name=large

DpMNngpUUAADg7g?format=jpg&name=large

DpMNngpU8AIlolS?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by gtypecanare
Add more images.
  • 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Finally received mine just last weekend. After working on other companies kits over the past couple months, I need a break from fit issues etc. This kit may be just what I need to relax with.

The Tamiya F-14 will definitely give you a break from fit issues! It goes together so well that I have had trouble coming to grips with how soon it is ready for paint.

It takes a direct comparison to really bring the meaning of “state of the art fit and engineering” into focus. I recently cleared off my work table, and took out the Great Wall MiG-29 [9-12], and spread the sprues out in their bags. Well, one thing led to another, and before I knew it the sprue nippers were out and I was test fitting parts. 

As detailed as the GWH kit is, I was struck by the inexact fit of many parts like the engine intakes and nacelles and the vertical tails. Again, great detail - and the one-piece missiles are really remarkable - but the parts fit is a distant comparison with Tamiya.

Have a good time!

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Swordsman422 said:

How can we order them?

Also, any chance the sprue with the F-14A instrument panels and ejection seats might be offered as well?

Contact Tamiya America, Inc. customer service dept.

800-826-4922

Remember this is for US customers.

• 6 months later...

This question may have been discussed above and elsewhere, but wanted to confirm to be sure.

Tamiya F-14A sprues: https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/kit_tam_61114.shtml

Tamiya F-14D sprues: https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/kit_tam_61118.shtml

True or False: You can make a late F-14A from 1/48 Tamiya F-14D with the following:

-    Get “Sprue K” from the A kit (engine cans and nozzles): https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/pages/tam_61114_parts4.shtml

-    Get aftermarket GRU-7(A) seats

-    Get ECM blisters under the glove vanes (Steel beach)

-    Get TCS chin pod (Quickboost)

Everything else for a late A (boat tail ECM, NACA vents, tail L-braces, late wheels, BOL rails, antennas on the spine, cockpit panels) is already included in the D boxing.

If this is wrong, what is the best way for a late A (aside from the Steel beach conversion set, I think)?  

Thank you. 

Edited by Janissary