18 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

Not even that much of a Tomcat guy,but even I'm looking forward to this.

Hopefully we'll see some new decals,although I struggle to think of anything that's not already been done sized for older kits.

Would love to see some new VF-31 Felix decals circa 1994 when they were on the USS Carl Vinson for no other reason then the only time this Brit ever got up close to a F-14D it was from this time frame.

I can help you out with that. Been holding onto those jets for awhile now. Loved the CAG in 94/96 timeframe and the line jets were pretty cool too. I spent a lot of time around 31 in those years. Good times. 

45 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I can help you out with that. Been holding onto those jets for awhile now. Loved the CAG in 94/96 timeframe and the line jets were pretty cool too. I spent a lot of time around 31 in those years. Good times. 

Brian I can say Sight unseen Sold...Even if I have an insane number of Fightertown F-14 Sheets  that have not been used yet!

1 hour ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Great news! Been holding off building my Tamiya F-14A until i get my paws on your new sheet for  a VF-154 OIF bird!

50 minutes ago, viper730 said:

Brian I can say Sight unseen Sold...Even if I have an insane number of Fightertown F-14 Sheets  that have not been used yet!

+1

22 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

George, would that make for a Fall 2018 arrival here in the states?

No date or price as been set.

Looks to be 8 major updates to the kit for the F-14D.

Tentatively you will get markings for one Atlantic squadron, one RAG and one Pacific squadron, details to be shown at the show and subject to change.

2 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I'm expecting to see an F-35C in the not too distant future ;)... 

as for the F-14D markings, only a few squadrons to pick from and I'd bet VF-101, VF-31 for sure,  and VF-213 or VF-2. Hahaha

I want to see VF-124 decals. The first time I saw Ds, they were 124 jets.

mason

3 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

If you throw a 31 line jet on there circa '94 then you've got another customer!!

2 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

The designers are super busy with a lot more new items for the future, so stay tune at tamiyausa.com or tamiya.com and social media!

So Finally we are getting the 1/48 F-16D :smiley-transport008:  and a retool of the 1/48 F4U to get the F4U-4 :rofl:

9 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

No date or price as been set.

Looks to be 8 major updates to the kit for the F-14D.

Tentatively you will get markings for one Atlantic squadron, one RAG and one Pacific squadron, details to be shown at the show and subject to change.

Thanks a lot for the update...very much looking fwd to it! It's a pity that the original fuselage of the -A that is nicely prepared for the -B and -D version did not include a seperate tail section...which means the mold would need to be altered siginificatly to incoperate a "boat tail" like the fist batch of Tomcats had it. So my guess is we will not see an early -A out of the box from Tamiya. Not a super big deal since there are nice resin bits available to achieve this but after the eye opening experinace with the already released -A (best fitting kit I have ever built) I would love to have an all Tamiya early -A.

cheers

Uwe

PS: Now Tamiya...do an F-4 family and blow all other kits to date out of the water! ;-)

9 hours ago, anj4de said:

I would love to have an all Tamiya early -A.

Amen! And then updated VF--1 Wolfpack decals from their Enterprise cruise that will fit the Tamiya kit properly.

1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Well the needed parts for a late A will be with the D as well, IE LANTIRN, bombracks, etc. 

The only thing Tamiya would need to add is the associated lumps and bumps...which would fit on one tiny sprue (with updated wheels). 

Wheel is updated for the F-14D.

5 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Curious to see which wheels they went with. Or possibly both?... pre 2004 or post 2004. 

So excited for this release! 

2004? Were there wheels they only used for two years? I would bet that the wheels will be the late ones, vs. the midlife. The late ones were in use as early as the mid-1990's.

41 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

There have been 3 wheels for the Tomcat. I know I've posted this info a number of times. 

1 early production. 1972-1977

2 standard A/B/D wheels. 1978 until the end of service.

3 late B/D only wheels. 2004-2006. 

Brian

Yep, I’ve posted it too. But your timeframe for the late wheels is too narrow. The late wheels were in the fleet as early as 1997 (from my brief Googling).

Am I nuts? This looks like the late wheel to me.

f-14_102.jpg

Edited by andrew.deboer
On 20/04/2018 at 12:21 AM, gtypecanare said:

The designers are super busy with a lot more new items for the future, so stay tune at tamiyausa.com or tamiya.com and social media!

Appreciate the updates! Awesome work on the 48-Tomcats. As I said: upscaling to 32 and they are set for years of revenue...same applies to introducing the F-16D and F-16A/B in 48 and 32 scales....One can hope Tamiya picks these (recurring) suggestions up from social media.

BR, Tim