VMX-1 squadron coverage by Flying Leathernecks Decals

Gentlemen,

Back in 2008, the XO of VMFA-122 (then LtCol G. Rowell) was instrumental in having the squadron send me photos, measurements and information about the markings applied to all 12 of their F/A-18C's at Al Asad. The final result was sheet FL48022. Col Rowell is currently the CO of VMX-1 and has once again tasked the squadron with assisting me with reference photos. Last night I received the first email from the Airframes OIC and the image attached is just a sample of what they have provided. A sheet number has not been assigned yet, but the sheet will cover two options of each type the squadron operates (F-35B, UH-1Y, AH-1Z, V-22, CH-53E).

Cliff Bossie has provided detailed walk around photos of the Command V-22, BuNo 168214 with the full color tails and it will be one of the options. This sheet, along with a sheet covering the last of the VMAQ squadrons EA-6B Prowlers and another sheet covering the F/A-18A/C in combat operations from OIF and OIR will be going to the printer in the late summer, early fall.

20180406_141333.jpg

2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Well aren’t you a fortune one to still maintain good contacts haha! Looking forward to seeing more Zulu Cobras!

Yes, very fortunate. I may not release a lot of sheets, but when I do, they're drawn with a passion for accuracy and almost always with the help of the Marines that fly and maintain the subject aircraft. 

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:45 AM, Dave Roof said:

Gentlemen,

Back in 2008, the XO of VMFA-122 (then LtCol G. Rowell) was instrumental in having the squadron send me photos, measurements and information about the markings applied to all 12 of their F/A-18C's at Al Asad. The final result was sheet FL48022. Col Rowell is currently the CO of VMX-1 and has once again tasked the squadron with assisting me with reference photos. Last night I received the first email from the Airframes OIC and the image attached is just a sample of what they have provided. A sheet number has not been assigned yet, but the sheet will cover two options of each type the squadron operates (F-35B, UH-1Y, AH-1Z, V-22, CH-53E).

Cliff Bossie has provided detailed walk around photos of the Command V-22, BuNo 168214 with the full color tails and it will be one of the options. This sheet, along with a sheet covering the last of the VMAQ squadrons EA-6B Prowlers and another sheet covering the F/A-18A/C in combat operations from OIF and OIR will be going to the printer in the late summer, early fall.

20180406_141333.jpg

Great news Dave! I'm looking forward to getting these sheets. Will the VMFA-323 Boss jet be on the F/A-18C sheet? Did you ever get FL32004 Death Dealing Deltas at War back from the printers?

Thanks,

Rick

• 4 weeks later...