Steel Photoetched Seatbelts

I have noticed that the newer sets of photo-etched seatbelts released by Eduard are advertised as steel.  I assume all the earlier releases were the customary brass.  Is there a difference in finishing or working with steel versus brass?  Is one easier to work with?  Does one take a set and stay draped better that the other?

Mongo

IMHO they are a lot better then the previous iterations. The paint doesn't flake off when you bend them. They are a lot thinner than the brass or what ever the earlier ones were made out of. I was wondering the same thing my self and I was at the IPMS USA Nats in SC a year or so ago and I just asked the Eduard rep, "whats so special about STEEL seat belts?" He then took a fret of the steel seatbelts from his jeans pocket and crumbled it up and than gave it to me and as I un crumbled it and I didn't see any flecked off paint. Mow in my humble opinion I would not use them on anything bigger than 1/48th scale seats as they look to one dimensional. But thats up to each individual.