Best way to duplicate CH-47D oils stains??

I’m getting ready to start my 1/48 Italeri CH-47D and I’m gathering ideas on how to simulate the oils stains on older Hooks particularly under the fwd and aft heads and engines pictured below. Curious as to how you guys might go about it.

13047918_530613607109471_627028715527300

For some of that, a mix base color + little black green. You can also use oil paints, like a burnt umber. It can give you the paint staining and real oil sheen. I would test on scrap plastic prepped the same as your planned build.

With oils, start with brighter base colors. The oil staining mutes the paint color.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

For some of that, a mix base color + little black green. You can also use oil paints, like a burnt umber. It can give you the paint staining and real oil sheen. I would test on scrap plastic prepped the same as your planned build.

With oils, start with brighter base colors. The oil staining mutes the paint color.

Apply this mixture prior to clear coating, correct?

13 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

Apply this mixture prior to clear coating, correct?

I would add after but again test it out to see if you like the technique. By having it after, you have a smooth surface for the paint to follow and you can wipe away if you don't like it. 

Edited by Tank