Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Whiskey

Which 1/48 SU-35?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Solo said:

Su-25, F-15E, A-10C - that I want from GWH, not another F-35. Nor F-14. :)

Ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Since we're on the subject, what are the chances either one of these companies will start the two seat SU-30 series?

 

The Su-30SM/MKI/MKM/MKA is my most desired kit in 1/48, so imagine my surprise when I saw this:

 

http://coldwarstudio.com/Su-30 SM/ Su-30 MKI conversion set for the Su-30 Hobby Boss kits product/

 

While it's not a new full kit, I will be getting a couple of these conversion sets for sure!  Who knows how long it will be before that aircraft series is kitted.

 

28 minutes ago, Solo said:

Su-25, F-15E, A-10C - that I want from GWH, not another F-35. Nor F-14. :)

 

15 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Ok!

 

Agreed!

 

While the F-14 is my favorite aircraft, I agree we don't need another new tool F-14, even from GWH.  An Su-25 would be awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

 

The Su-30SM/MKI/MKM/MKA is my most desired kit in 1/48, so imagine my surprise when I saw this:

 

http://coldwarstudio.com/Su-30 SM/ Su-30 MKI conversion set for the Su-30 Hobby Boss kits product/

 

While it's not a new full kit, I will be getting a couple of these conversion sets for sure!  Who knows how long it will be before that aircraft series is kitted.

 

 

 

Agreed!

 

While the F-14 is my favorite aircraft, I agree we don't need another new tool F-14, even from GWH.  An Su-25 would be awesome!

As far as the F-14 goes, well, we are getting a new tool one from AMK, and I welcome it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I guess that answers my predicament; to rid thee of my HB SU-30 kit or not to rid thee, that is the question!

 

Only reason I thought about was that if someone like GWH or KH does do a SU-30 series then there’s no point in me holding onto this thing as it’s not an accurate model for the MKI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

As far as the F-14 goes, well, we are getting a new tool one from AMK, and I welcome it.

 

 Don't count your Tom-kittens before they hatch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, habu2 said:

 

 Don't count your Tom-kittens before they hatch...

Well, they've already made the upper fuselage, the wings, the intakes, and the weapons. No reason for me to think that they're not going to produce the kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

 

The Su-30SM/MKI/MKM/MKA is my most desired kit in 1/48, so imagine my surprise when I saw this:

 

http://coldwarstudio.com/Su-30 SM/ Su-30 MKI conversion set for the Su-30 Hobby Boss kits product/

 

While it's not a new full kit, I will be getting a couple of these conversion sets for sure!  

 

This is probably the highlight of my month. I have been wanting to do an MKI for the longest time.

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Can I write my wishlist too? :)

 

J-20

Mig 1.44

Mi-28

Ka-52

Su-57

 

 

:D

You certainly can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Can I write my wishlist too? :)

 

J-20

Mig 1.44

Mi-28

Ka-52

Su-57

 

 

:D

yes , gooood liste , don't forget Su-37 and Su-47 berkut

Edited by ching kuo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2018 at 4:23 AM, B.Sin said:

Well, they've already made the upper fuselage, the wings, the intakes, and the weapons. No reason for me to think that they're not going to produce the kid.

 

Here is one reason....TAMIYA...

 

Whatever GWH choose to do ill buy as they are hitting it out of the park with every release.

People got far to carried away with AMK’s Mig-31 compared to these kits.

Nice yes but GWH stuff is stellar.

Far more refined, better fine detail and beautiful panel lines that AMK could only dream of sadly looking at the F-14 images they posted.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2018 at 9:05 AM, dehowie said:

 

Here is one reason....TAMIYA...

 

Whatever GWH choose to do ill buy as they are hitting it out of the park with every release.

People got far to carried away with AMK’s Mig-31 compared to these kits.

Nice yes but GWH stuff is stellar.

Far more refined, better fine detail and beautiful panel lines that AMK could only dream of sadly looking at the F-14 images they posted.

 

 

Once again this is a very objective opinion. I find the detail and the AMK panel lines simply amazing.

Regardless, this is about Su-35, so.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 4:25 PM, Whiskey said:

Would it be a good idea to pick this up or spend a little bit more for the GWH kit that everyone is raving about?

 

Yes, the GWH kit is beautiful but the Kittyhawk still builds up fine and pretty trouble free.

Ex7fU3l.jpg

I used the AMUR Reaver burner cans on the KH kit and although not a tail sitter it would benefit from a little weight in the nose. Also beware of the forward landing gear, the rear piece is too short and will make the droop too low, I replaced it with an Academy one but it's easy enough to lengthen the kit piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that is beautiful Paul. I mean simply beautiful. I've seen plenty of great looking KH Flanker-E builds out there and I have yet to still pull the trigger on one. Mainly just because I've been focused on other aircraft subjects. With another GWH release coming soon I'll probably still go with that but if I want to do more than the eggplant scheme I'll stick with the KH.

 

Post more pics of yours btw Paul!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Post more pics of yours btw Paul!

Thanks Zach!

I bought the KH because it was the first one released and as a 1/48 Russian aircraft builder I had no hesitation.

I also decided to make it the early eggplant as it things like the chaff were correct for that scheme, also reckoning the camo schemes of the Russian and Chinese would look better with the crisper GWH surface details.

Saying that I really liked the KH, it looks the part and stands out well to the other Flankers I have.  I see it as good practice to go to town on the GWH kits...

IThHIeb.jpgm05jwhn.jpgB0PnA9p.jpg

 

Was nearly finished and then saw this photo....

wnrzsfI.jpg

 

..which was a game changer, I had planned a little weathering but decided to remove the decals and repaint it as a well worn Aviadarts contender.

1ZfPlc1.jpg

Zt0igXx.jpgOve5IsB.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I bought a KH one off of evilBay, at $20. Free shipping. I figure that 1) it's only $20 that I'd have to fight to get back if something goes awry and 2) It's from HK and not mainland China where most people have problems with purchased items actually arriving through the US delivery services. 

 

Even if this does pan out and I really do get the kit in the mail I am planning on purchasing the newest GWH SU-35 release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work, Paul.   Looks fantastic!  I really like the eggplant scheme.... that's what I'm gonna go with when I get around to building a Su-34.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully not hijacking the current direction of this thread, but I had a question for the handful of Flanker experts in the thread.

From what was said here, the KH SU-35 stinger is an early production version, correct? Can someone say what differences exist between that early stinger and the stingers found on the prototypes? Seeing that DN Models has a mask set to make the 901/Yellow Splinter prototype, I'm wondering how much modification would be needed to the KH or GWH kits to make a reasonably accurate representation? I am by no means a rivet-counter, but I am curious how far off the kits are from that particular airframe.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Specter1075 said:

Hopefully not hijacking the current direction of this thread, but I had a question for the handful of Flanker experts in the thread.

From what was said here, the KH SU-35 stinger is an early production version, correct? Can someone say what differences exist between that early stinger and the stingers found on the prototypes? Seeing that DN Models has a mask set to make the 901/Yellow Splinter prototype, I'm wondering how much modification would be needed to the KH or GWH kits to make a reasonably accurate representation? I am by no means a rivet-counter, but I am curious how far off the kits are from that particular airframe.

Thanks!

 

Flare dispensers are directed downwards (bottom of the stinger) in later examples and upward (top of the stinger) in early ones. Also, shape of some antennas are different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! How much different are the antennas? Are you referring to ones all over the aircraft, or the ones connected to the vertical stabs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...