I've got the Aires 1/72 A-7E 'pit, but I have never liked adding the PE belts etc. I'd like to find a replacement seat for the given replacement seat, ironically, meaning one with molded belt detail. I was looking at the Quickboost AV-8B seat, am wondering if it might be considered "close enough" in 1/72, and if its size compares to the Aires? The Pavla seats are significantly undersized.

Hey Andrew,

i think this depends on when your A-7 was in service. The Douglas ESCAPAC was most common up until the later half of the 80s when the SJU -8 (pretty sure) showed up. There are various resin ESCAPAC seats out there, True Details for one; Google around. Same for SJU as well I’ll bet since various jets used those in one version or another. Hope this helps you.

I think the SJU-8 was available in 81 or 83. I can’t remember when exactly.  It was retrofitted when the jets went in for maintence. Some place on here there was a thread that explained it all but I don’t have time to search for it.  Just a FYI  

edit:  doesn’t Aries own quickboost?  If so I wouldn’t think the seats would be that different. 

Edited by achterkirch

Guess I should have said this is late service when the ESCAPACS were gone, so no question which type I need.

So I need a decent replacement. I didn't know Aires and QB were connected....can't find a QB seat dedicated for the late A-7, so would their AV-8B seat be close enough, considering the scale?

Hi Andrew, 

AV-8B and A-7E Stensel ejection seats headboxes are vastly différent.

Neomega (copied by Pavla) did neat 1/72nd scale A-7E Stencel ejection seats  and they come with molded belts. 

Cheers

Eric B.

13 hours ago, Eric B. said:

Hi Andrew, 

AV-8B and A-7E Stensel ejection seats headboxes are vastly différent.

Neomega (copied by Pavla) did neat 1/72nd scale A-7E Stencel ejection seats  and they come with molded belts. 

Cheers

Eric B.

Ah, well...and the Pavla are very undersized....

Looks like I'm stuck.